Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Which one's better?

Old 07-11-2010, 04:24 AM   #1
TRDGoatFarmer will become famous soon enoughTRDGoatFarmer will become famous soon enough
TRDGoatFarmer's Tacoma Gallery
Which one's better?

Hey guys,

The local shop is running a special on flowmaster dual exhausts. 325 bucks for everything ( header back i suppose) But.. Would I see the same gains in power, mpg and sound if I just through a flowmaster muffler on there with the stock piping?

If so, then why spend the 300 something dollars if I can get the same performance out of a 80 dollar muffler?

thanks.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:30 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
You're probably only getting the cat-back kit.

Do you even know what muffler comes with that kit? I have the #17432 which is the 50 series muffler. That series is quieter than the 40 series.

No real gains that are noticable other than the sound.

If you want performance, you're not gonna get it from a bolt-on kit.

Search google....that #17432 kit is about that price when you buy it online.