Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Looking for a new battery.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:06 PM   #1
Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.
eight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
eight3one_offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eight3one_offroad
Looking for a new battery.

Hey guys,

I'm at about 56K on my 2007 Tacoma 1GRFE and had the spark plugs replaced around 40K so I know its not the plugs thats giving me trouble. The reason is on cold morning starts the engine does not want to crank over. I'm looking for a replacement battery, Any suggestions? I want something that last for a while.

Thanks for any response,
Richard
Old 07-11-2010, 10:08 PM   #2
BigJLarse83 is a glorious beacon of lightBigJLarse83 is a glorious beacon of lightBigJLarse83 is a glorious beacon of lightBigJLarse83 is a glorious beacon of lightBigJLarse83 is a glorious beacon of light

BigJLarse83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eight3one_offroad View Post
Hey guys,

I'm at about 56K on my 2007 Tacoma 1GRFE and had the spark plugs replaced around 40K so I know its not the plugs thats giving me trouble. The reason is on cold morning starts the engine does not want to crank over. I'm looking for a replacement battery, Any suggestions? I want something that last for a while.

Thanks for any response,
Richard

I hope I don't catch chit for this but I would just go to Walmart and get the EverStart 7 yr. Affordable and from a place that is easy to warranty out if you have issues.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:21 PM   #4
BigJLarse83 is a glorious beacon of lightBigJLarse83 is a glorious beacon of lightBigJLarse83 is a glorious beacon of lightBigJLarse83 is a glorious beacon of lightBigJLarse83 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Theres no wally world here... I'll have to try Kragen tomorrow
No Wally World? You live in the stix or somethin? No offense...
Old 07-11-2010, 10:24 PM   #5
Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.
eight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
eight3one_offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eight3one_offroad
Yup, this town is too small to have a big wally world here. I think I have to drive 45 mins to get one?
Old 07-11-2010, 10:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Yup, this town is too small to have a big wally world here. I think I have to drive 45 mins to get one?
Truely I am just jealous...so sick of the big town...
Old 07-11-2010, 10:32 PM   #7
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
do you have an autozone? If so, go get a yellow top duralast with the lifetime warranty and never pay for a battery again lol. They last a pretty long time too.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:54 PM   #8
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Hell I dont have a wally world in the third largest city in california
Old 07-12-2010, 01:34 AM   #11
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
How do you get a lifetime warranty on a battery? Online, I only see a 24 month free replacement for the yellow top. 36 month for the red top. (pro-rated after for x months)

I may change my plans from a Diehard Platinum if this is something nationwide.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:02 AM   #12
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manlaan View Post
How do you get a lifetime warranty on a battery? Online, I only see a 24 month free replacement for the yellow top. 36 month for the red top. (pro-rated after for x months)

I may change my plans from a Diehard Platinum if this is something nationwide.
really? well I haven't paid for a battery from there ever and I've "bought" 3, (every vehicle I've bought needed one). I would just bring in a random one we had laying around not being used. On my last vehicle it already had one in it and they replaced it for free.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:18 PM   #14
Climber is on a distinguished road
Climber's Tacoma Gallery
What battery size/series fits?

the 05-10 Tacomas? Best battery going is the Odyssey, but I dont know what size fits Tacos and whether one they make will fit. These are expensive but very, very high rated at Consumer Reports. Otherwise, youll do fine with any of the major makers such as Interstate, NAPA, etc.

Odyssey's size chart: http://www.odysseyfactory.com/autospecs.html
Old 07-14-2010, 02:53 PM   #15
20tacoma06 is on a distinguished road
20tacoma06's Tacoma Gallery
Costco

Hi,
Go to Costco in your area:
220 Sylvania Avenue
Santa Cruz CA 95060
(831) 469-0961

Or by Seaside:
801 Tioga Avenue
Sand City CA 93955
(831) 899-1256

Costco gives you free 3 years replacement and 100 months limited warranty (pro-rate).
I did buy one from Costco about 1 year ago for my other car, and it did not hold the charge long, so I did return to Costco and they did return my money in full with no question ask. I turn around and buy another one and so far it still works.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:40 AM   #16
rscecil007 will become famous soon enoughrscecil007 will become famous soon enough
rscecil007's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Climber View Post
the 05-10 Tacomas? Best battery going is the Odyssey, but I dont know what size fits Tacos and whether one they make will fit. These are expensive but very, very high rated at Consumer Reports. Otherwise, youll do fine with any of the major makers such as Interstate, NAPA, etc.

Odyssey's size chart: http://www.odysseyfactory.com/autospecs.html

If there is Sears near you (unlike the poster above with no Wally World close), go get a Sears Diehard Platinum. It's a rebadged Odyssey, there are threads floating around confirming this, and I called Odyssey themselves before I bought mine and they confirmed it.

I was able to make a size 34 DT fit no problem.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:47 AM   #17
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just spent like 230 bucks on a Optima red top... probably paid too much!
HOLY CHIT! thats like 100 dollars too much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
OP bought a battery 2 days ago, guys...
Old 07-15-2010, 05:53 AM   #18
rscecil007 will become famous soon enoughrscecil007 will become famous soon enough
rscecil007's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
OP bought a battery 2 days ago, guys...
Oops, sorry. Not enough coffee this morning obviously.