Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Cut 'er off??

Old 07-12-2010, 03:34 PM   #1
TRDGoatFarmer will become famous soon enoughTRDGoatFarmer will become famous soon enough
TRDGoatFarmer's Tacoma Gallery
Cut 'er off??

Hey guys, quick question.

First off let me say, I like the "quietness" of my truck. so dont recomend a muffler, exhaust etc. But All my friends who have diesel trucks, allways cut off the exhausts about 6 inches and slide a big chrome tip over it. And it changes the exhaust sound a little bit ( im guilty of it too, 4" tip on the stock piping) but my pipe is not cut off to where the tip stops.. So if i cut it off where the tip ends ( or pretty close to it) will I get a deeper exhaust note? Will i be able to notice any sound change?

thanks!!
Old 07-12-2010, 03:37 PM   #2
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Why?

Well I know why... but still... why?
Old 07-12-2010, 03:43 PM   #3
TRDGoatFarmer will become famous soon enoughTRDGoatFarmer will become famous soon enough
TRDGoatFarmer's Tacoma Gallery
For different sound? lol. why do anything? why add an exhaust system? why add tires and rims? etc.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:53 PM   #4
Chachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDGoatFarmer View Post
For different sound? lol. why do anything? why add an exhaust system? why add tires and rims? etc.
Exhaust for more performance.
Tires for better off road performance.
Wheels for a different look.

But to your original question, no it will not change anything.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:56 PM   #5
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
I had just a muffler on my truck without a custom tip. Then I had a tip installed and I noticed a slight difference in sound, nothing deeper just a different tone. Im sure if you take off some piping you may notice a little difference but it may not even be noticeable.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:05 PM   #6
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Diesels are a TOTALLY different animal when it comes to Chips (BullyDog, SuperChip), exhaust, and turbos...

Nothing can compare with the beast that is....... DIESEL
Old 07-12-2010, 04:12 PM   #7
Chachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
Nothing can compare with the beast that is....... DIESEL
That may not be the case anymore here in cali, seeing as we now have to smog our diesels.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:05 PM   #8
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachie View Post
That may not be the case anymore here in cali, seeing as we now have to smog our diesels.
Smog means nothing. Put it back to stock for an hour then change it back like you would with a modified gasser.

He is right though, nothing compares to a diesel when a diesel programmer adds 200+hp and 2x that in torque and a gasser programmer adds 15-20hp. Stock turbos on diesels making 35-40psi. I miss my diesel