Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

What filter is this?

Old 07-14-2010, 03:14 PM   #1
StaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
StaticFilter's Tacoma Gallery
What filter is this?

I need to figure out what kind of filter this is so I can clean it. It's a foam filter inside a cage, dont think it comes apart... Think I'd be safe to use the gasoline cleaning method on this thing?
Old 07-14-2010, 03:25 PM   #2
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
what did it come off of? dirtbike?
Old 07-14-2010, 03:36 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
looks like a "true flow" filter to me.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:44 PM   #4
StaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sorry I should have been more specific, it is a True Flow filter but I have never seen one like it nor can I finbd one like it on the net, not sure if the true flow cleaning kit will work with it due to it being in a cage...
Old 07-14-2010, 03:48 PM   #5
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticFilter View Post
Sorry I should have been more specific, it is a True Flow filter but I have never seen one like it nor can I finbd one like it on the net, not sure if the true flow cleaning kit will work with it due to it being in a cage...
does it come apart at all?? if not......im not too sure. may wanna try a k and n cleaning kit, or just soap and water. but there has to be a way for the foam cover to come out off the filter.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:51 PM   #6
SoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalBlack08's Tacoma Gallery
just rinse it from the inside out and if u notice a color change from red it might need to be ioled( like the k&n)
Old 07-14-2010, 03:58 PM   #7
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
TrueFlow makes a cleaning kit like the K&N. Spray the outside of the filter w/ the cleaning solution. Let it soak for about 10 mins or so and rinse. Use a garden hose to spray from the inside out, that way the dirt etc. gets pushed back out instead getting pushed back into the filter.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:04 PM   #8
Doesn't come apart, there's a cage on the inside too, except the end of the filter only has a cage on the outside. If I garden hose it, how long will it need to sit before i can drive again since i cant wring it out?
Old 07-14-2010, 04:11 PM   #9
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I would say 24 hours to make sure the air filter dries out completely... but it depends on how hot or how humid the weather is.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:34 PM   #10
True Flow is out of biz so I'll never find the cleaning kit now. Decided to go with the hot water/dish soap in a bucket method and just dunk it a thousand times. I've got the filter sitting in the sun, hopefully a few hours will do cuz i dont have 24.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:36 PM   #11
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
looks like its foam filter
Old 07-14-2010, 05:37 PM   #12
those who seek fear shall be followed by fear
TacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud of

Name: Chuck
TacomaMtnMan's Tacoma Gallery
be sure you dont have to oil it... not familiar with true flow... it does look like it was due for a cleaning though.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:40 PM   #13

you can still find the cleaning kits on ebay.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:42 PM   #14
bite me

Or try here for a cleaning kit: http://www.gautoparts.com/product_p/tru-95711.htm
Old 07-14-2010, 05:43 PM   #15
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
soapy water bucket is prolly best. you can put it on wet it wont hurt anything... make sure its nice and oiled after you wash it.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:45 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
Yep already tried there

"Availability:: Currently Unavailable"

Thanks for the suggestions. It's a foam filter, not gauze, so K&N cleaner wont work. I think it's pretty clean nopw, just need to find a decent Foam Filter oil locally!
Old 07-14-2010, 05:45 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
soapy water bucket is prolly best. you can put it on wet it wont hurt anything... make sure its nice and oiled after you wash it.
Any suggestions on oil type?
Old 07-14-2010, 05:47 PM   #18
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
i forget the name its P07104 something or other. i buy it from local dirtbike shop usually 6-8$ a can
Old 07-14-2010, 05:52 PM   #19

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.bobscycle.com/browse.cfm/...tml?AFF=690FGL

I also have Maxima FAB1 works for gauze k&n or foam filters and its fully synthetic. really good stuff. Wear gloves when applying it cause its gunky stuff
Old 07-14-2010, 08:17 PM   #20
bite me

A bit pricey, but...

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/OEM...ge-Kit/539273/