Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

V-8 Tacoma

Old 07-21-2010, 09:27 AM   #2
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Only one truck had a 4.7 and it was a specially design custom tacoma. Other than that nope
Old 07-21-2010, 09:34 AM   #3
Going nowhere as fast as possible
imtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: I forgot
imtwistd's Tacoma Gallery
I dont know about V8's in a taco but I do know that TRD built an FJ Cruiser with a 4.7L. I personally think your better off just sticking with your 4.0. The 4.7 doesn't have that much more power but it also has more weight as for the 4.6 (junk) and the 5.7 both engines are to long and to tall to fit in the tacos' engine bay. Here is the link to trdusa for the V8 FJ Cruiser
http://www.trdusa.com/features.cfm?feature=fj_cruiser
Old 07-21-2010, 09:39 AM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
There was an LS1 article Ill try to dig it up, but I would rather supercharge
Old 07-21-2010, 09:45 AM   #5
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by imtwistd View Post
I dont know about V8's in a taco but I do know that TRD built an FJ Cruiser with a 4.7L. I personally think your better off just sticking with your 4.0. The 4.7 doesn't have that much more power but it also has more weight as for the 4.6 (junk) and the 5.7 both engines are to long and to tall to fit in the tacos' engine bay. Here is the link to trdusa for the V8 FJ Cruiser
http://www.trdusa.com/features.cfm?feature=fj_cruiser
You think the 4.6 is junk?
Old 07-21-2010, 10:14 AM   #6
imtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
You think the 4.6 is junk?
Yes I do if I had my choice of engine in a Tundra 4.6 or 4.7 I would take the 4.7 any day of the week, I've worked on to many 4.6 Tundras with bad cam gears, so in my personal thought the 4.6 sucks, but again thats my own thoughts and experiences
Old 07-21-2010, 10:51 AM   #7
Quote:
Yes I do if I had my choice of engine in a Tundra 4.6 or 4.7 I would take the 4.7 any day of the week, I've worked on to many 4.6 Tundras with bad cam gears, so in my personal thought the 4.6 sucks, but again thats my own thoughts and experiences
Oh, I did not know the 4.6 had problems. Those 4.7s may not be the most powerful but they have been around a long time and you can rely on them
Old 07-21-2010, 11:42 AM   #9
Quote:
Yeah I dont understand why Toyota would drop the 4.7 when it was a proven platform but I guess thats why I dont work Toyotas R&D dept
may be it was the fact that it couldnt compete with the smaller engines that Dodge GM and ford offered. Like dodge took their 4.7 and changed the output to i think 305 hp and GM has the 4.8 300 and ford...not sure.

The 4.7 has been out since 98 i think when it went into the landcruiser
Old 07-21-2010, 11:42 AM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Buy a full size.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:55 AM   #11
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Tundra Racing stuffed an LS6 into a reg cab 2nd gen. They have it for sale as we speak.

http://panamacity.craigslist.org/cto/1832164056.html
Old 07-21-2010, 12:01 PM   #12
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrunnIT View Post
Tundra Racing stuffed an LS6 into a reg cab 2nd gen. They have it for sale as we speak.

http://panamacity.craigslist.org/cto/1832164056.html
That's pretty cool but talk about having traction problems. At least it has an LSD now.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:18 PM   #14
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Quote:
Thats cool but I think they had far to much time on their hands and they didnt even lower it talk about doin half assed
Tundra Racing's scope of business is aftermarket for the Tacoma/Tundra. Its what they do for a living.

And I would hardly call that half-ass. Doesn't need to be lowered. With $30k invested into the truck, I doubt that the extra $80 for dearching the rear leafs or drop blocks was deterring them from lowering it. Besides lowered vehicles are much harder to sell.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:56 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrunnIT View Post
Tundra Racing's scope of business is aftermarket for the Tacoma/Tundra. Its what they do for a living.

And I would hardly call that half-ass. Doesn't need to be lowered. With $30k invested into the truck, I doubt that the extra $80 for dearching the rear leafs or drop blocks was deterring them from lowering it. Besides lowered vehicles are much harder to sell.
Maybe, but I think it would look better lowered. I dont mean draggin frame rails down the road, just a couple inches would look good
Old 08-02-2010, 05:48 PM   #16
tacojoel is on a distinguished road
Name: joel
tacojoel's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...t=81787&page=2

pics lower on page
Old 08-03-2010, 04:18 AM   #17
My wife is scheduleing an intervention as we speak
mbmchugh5 is a splendid one to beholdmbmchugh5 is a splendid one to beholdmbmchugh5 is a splendid one to beholdmbmchugh5 is a splendid one to beholdmbmchugh5 is a splendid one to beholdmbmchugh5 is a splendid one to beholdmbmchugh5 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Matt
mbmchugh5's Tacoma Gallery
wow

that 4.3 swap is pretty cool- my dad and i used to love stuffing v-8's into old cj-5's put a 30 over 305 in an s-10 once too you guys are right the s/c is the way to go but this guy says hes at 400 h.p with an s/c'd 4.3 that's gotta be tempting