Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Best HP set up

Old 07-24-2010, 01:07 AM   #1
Stanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud of

Stanley's Tacoma Gallery
Best HP set up

Need some help
About to put a Pro Comp 6 inch on my 06. My next mod will be intake, throttle spacer, headers and exhaust. i also do not have to pass any emissions tests. any good chips out there too? What is the set up that i can gain the most hp front to back
Old 07-24-2010, 01:47 AM   #2
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
supercharger.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:22 AM   #3
Screw you guys, I'm going home.
06aztaco is a splendid one to behold06aztaco is a splendid one to behold06aztaco is a splendid one to behold06aztaco is a splendid one to behold06aztaco is a splendid one to behold06aztaco is a splendid one to behold06aztaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cole
06aztaco's Tacoma Gallery
skip the spacer. the apr x1 thing seems to be the tuner of choice around here

urdusa.com

expensive though
Old 07-24-2010, 03:12 AM   #4
bpawl is on a distinguished road
Name: Blaine
bpawl's Tacoma Gallery
supercharger x2
Old 07-24-2010, 05:16 AM   #6
Its all mod on the inside
hoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud of

Navy: DCC(SW/AW)
hoeflich's Tacoma Gallery
I certainly would NOT go with any type of chip. The URD MAF Cal works pretty awesome, but I havent dyno'd for proof...just ass testing. I had a 3.4 supercharged, and BY FAR THE BEST HP TO DOLLAR RATIO! Dont waste your time on anything else IMHO.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:17 AM   #7
Going nowhere as fast as possible
imtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: I forgot
imtwistd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoeflich View Post
I certainly would NOT go with any type of chip. The URD MAF Cal works pretty awesome, but I havent dyno'd for proof...just ass testing. I had a 3.4 supercharged, and BY FAR THE BEST HP TO DOLLAR RATIO! Dont waste your time on anything else IMHO.
Whats wrong with a chip? I felt a difference in power in both settings(a and b) when I installed it. My truck seems to be nastier on the B tune, But thats my opinion
Old 07-24-2010, 12:03 PM   #9
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Superchargerrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:09 PM   #10
Hold my beer and watch this
TanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
TanSR5x4's Tacoma Gallery
skip the spacer

i have heard some horror storys about some of them chips but they were on diesels. i just heard that they destroy the life of your engine. on the 2 seperate occasions ive heard they blew the engine before 100k miles but idk they might have really abused them cuz they were work trucks

supercharger!!!
Old 07-24-2010, 01:38 PM   #11
Its all mod on the inside
hoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud ofhoeflich has much to be proud of

Navy: DCC(SW/AW)
hoeflich's Tacoma Gallery
The problem with exhaust mods is that you lose low end torque...so its entirely up to you op. Sounds good, and cheap, but you WILL notice. Just my .02
Old 07-24-2010, 01:57 PM   #12
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
I feel like I have more grunt with my WF.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:03 PM   #13
Mr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Active MK 02-09, ME 09-10, Reserve ME 10-11, LTJG 11-Current.  Federal Civilian 10-Current
Mr. Brown's Tacoma Gallery
URD intake
Doug Thorley headers
URD y-pipe
URD exhaust, or Banks, or whatever really. There is an exhaust FAQ on toyotanation if you want to check it out.
Electric fan
Regear
APRX1

Check out PB2 the max's build it follows a similar path to what you want to take