Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Long Bed Exhaust

Old 07-26-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
Yok3d is on a distinguished road

Name: Evan
Yok3d's Tacoma Gallery
Long Bed Exhaust

Hello, I am brand new to TW and new in general to modifying my Tacoma. I have a 05 long bed V6 PreRunner. Currently I just ordered the URD intake but I'm having trouble finding a compatible exhaust system that will fit my long bed Tacoma. The only one I have found is made by Banks which I have found little to no reviews on. Would anyone have any recommendations on which systems would be compatible and work well with my intake?
Old 07-26-2010, 05:24 PM   #2
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
MBRP's dual split rear exhaust will fit the DCLB and is a bolt on installation. All the shorter truck/bed combos require one section of exhaust pipe to be cut to length since they designed it for the longest configuration.

Its a great sounding exhaust too! Has a nice burble at idle that can be mistaken for an 8 I got mine from AutoAnything.com
Old 07-27-2010, 11:22 PM   #3
Shred The Gnar
PowTaco is on a distinguished road

PowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I plan on running Banks, one of the best exhaust's I think. Several people on here are running them and love it.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:27 PM   #4

Yok3d's Tacoma Gallery
Cant decide if I'll go with the banks or just get a muffler welded on. Would the performance gain from the banks be worth the price tag?
Old 07-27-2010, 11:32 PM   #5
YeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Honor Guard-Now out of Honor Guard getting ready for MK "A" School
Name: Thomas
YeahYeah's Tacoma Gallery
CUSTOM! cut it, run straight! or unbolt it right at the flange. it sounds great and youll feel a little rumble.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:42 PM   #6
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
How about this one too?
http://www.urdusa.com/product_info.p..._id=1260518989
Old 07-29-2010, 10:38 AM   #7
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
I just replaced my stock muffler with a dynomax muffler because they didnt make a kit for the DCLB.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:35 PM   #8

Yok3d's Tacoma Gallery
Went with just replacing the muffler. Got a Flowmaster 40 Series Delta. Sounds great, just the sound I was looking for. A nice bonus that it keeps the cabin noise to a minimum as well.