Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

HOW to get more power out of my 3RZ? turbo? swap? help

Old 07-27-2010, 08:38 AM   #1
preston.shockley is on a distinguished road
Army: G CO 3rd ID 3RD BCT
preston.shockley's Tacoma Gallery
HOW to get more power out of my 3RZ? turbo? swap? help

i have a 1996 Tacoma with a 3rz in it and i want more power out of it for when i put the lift and 35's on it, Ive considered 350 swap, 1uz swap, turbocharging or S/C the 3rz but lets get yalls opinion on the best bang for my buck! appreciate the help
Old 07-27-2010, 08:42 AM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Turbo
Old 07-27-2010, 08:54 AM   #3
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
re gear your rear end
Old 07-27-2010, 09:07 AM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
If you swap a 350 in there with a turbo, you've got a lot more things to upgrade than just the engine. Do you really think the transmission can handle it? And with 35" tires - do you think the axles can handle it??

NOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo

The first thing you need to do .....is leave the engine & tranimssion alone!!!

Do some research on gearing. CHange the gears and see what you think.

After that....you can put a trd supercharger on that engine. But - I personally think it'll be a waste of time if you're running 35" tires.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:17 AM   #5
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Buy a fast car.

It's a truck, it's not suppose to be fast.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:32 PM   #6
preston.shockley is on a distinguished road
Army: G CO 3rd ID 3RD BCT
preston.shockley's Tacoma Gallery
im not intrested in making it fast as much as more power to handle tires, and when im in the mud it can b used to its max potential.also climbing hills and such on the street not saying i wanna put 600hp under neath the hood, but a few more ponys woudnt hurt