Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Trd exhaust

Old 07-28-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
rectoyo is on a distinguished road

Name: Robert
rectoyo's Tacoma Gallery
Trd exhaust

How much does a TRD Exhaust go for ? Is the TRD and better route than a Gibson? Thank u guys for your help. I'm new to this
Old 07-28-2010, 07:06 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
All depends on which one you like the sound of.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:07 PM   #3
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
got mine at the dealer,about 380.00.mines a dc short bed,i think the long bed is about 20 bucks more.sounds deep,but quiet at cruising speed.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:09 PM   #4
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
390 + shipping

http://trdparts4u.com/Scripts/prodVi...product=273487

Personally I liked my trd cat-back, and I will be getting it again for this truck (just lower on my list)
Old 07-28-2010, 07:18 PM   #5
Not your average girl
yotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Small town firefighter EMT
Name: Katie
yotanator's Tacoma Gallery
I really like mine. I also have a Flowmaster muffler added to the TRD. There's a video on the first page of my build that shows off it's Yeti growl.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:18 PM   #6

rectoyo's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! I'm not crazy about loud exhaust, I think I will go the TRD route. I saw a few videos on youtube of taco's with TRD exhaust and I like the sound. Now does it increase HP?
Old 07-28-2010, 07:20 PM   #7
Not your average girl
yotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rectoyo View Post
Awesome! I'm not crazy about loud exhaust, I think I will go the TRD route. I saw a few videos on youtube of taco's with TRD exhaust and I like the sound. Now does it increase HP?
I believe there is an increase but I don't know how much exactly...
Old 07-28-2010, 07:22 PM   #8
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotanator View Post
I believe there is an increase but I don't know how much exactly...
the trd tip gives you about 30 horses
Old 07-28-2010, 07:25 PM   #9

rectoyo's Tacoma Gallery
yotanator what paint did you use on your grill to color match? bad ass truck u got there!!
Old 07-28-2010, 07:28 PM   #10
Not your average girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbob View Post
the trd tip gives you about 30 horses
Old 07-28-2010, 07:29 PM   #11

rectoyo's Tacoma Gallery
30 hp!! is that right. So i'm looking at $380. Now is it something I can do myself ? For some one who isn't knowledgable on Pimping a Ride ha ha
Old 07-28-2010, 07:30 PM   #12
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I haven't dyno'd it myself nor seen a chart but Toyota claims 8-10 wheel ponies. I kinda doubt it though. It's mostly about sound, maybe slightly better throttle response on the butt dyno.

The TRD setup doesn't drone much, pretty quiet on light throttle, but loud enough to growl on WOT. It was a nice balance imo. Stock is too quiet for me... I like to hear something when I mash the pedal myself.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:30 PM   #13
Not your average girl

Quote:
yotanator what paint did you use on your grill to color match? bad ass truck u got there!!
Thanks! It's Krylon gloss white and matches very well
Old 07-28-2010, 07:37 PM   #14

rectoyo's Tacoma Gallery
SWEEET! Thank u all for your info, been real helpful.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:46 PM   #15
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
The TRD exhaust gives about 3 hp gain.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:09 PM   #16
Not your average girl

Quote:
SWEEET! Thank u all for your info, been real helpful.
Anytime
Old 07-28-2010, 08:15 PM   #17
Roll Tide

HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
The TRD exhaust gives about 30 hp gain i think,but you need to ask jbob for sure cause he's the man.
thank you chris,but i already knew that
Old 07-28-2010, 08:28 PM   #19
Iron Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadmb2003 View Post
shoptrd.com gives you free shipping which is worth about $100. They're only about $350 the last time I checked.
$422.50... had to search by part number (site sucks). TRDparts4u is cheaper right now... still another place to look for cheaper parts is always good
Old 07-28-2010, 08:40 PM   #20

rectoyo's Tacoma Gallery
Yea TRDparts4u is cheap found for $350. Having the exhaust and adding an air intake will that give u a good performance and a good mpg?