Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Throttle body spacer

Old 07-30-2010, 11:33 AM   #21
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masada View Post
Even if this was the case for the 2nd gen Tacoma, what is 8hp extra going to do for me at 4400rpm? That's almost at the top of my power band.

Don't get me wrong i agree with on that one I don't ever hit 4400rpm i just wanted to point out that there is gains on the 3.4's i don't know if there is any gains on the 4.0's.

From the other forums I have been reading no one has gained anything on the 4.0's but i have yet to find Negative Dyno results on the 3.4's all i have to go by in my Friend that was a hot rod mechanic that told me about the spacer and the gains he seen with the 3.4

Now he could be full of shit I don't know i contacted him and told him there is a lot of guys out there that say this thing is crap.
He told me he will look for the test sheet and he will get back to me.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:39 AM   #22
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Now i don't know about the Air Raid but my buddy Dyno'd a 02 4runner with a Helix tower power with a stock air box and gained a little over 8hp at 4400rpm.

That might be the reason people don't think they do anything 8hp ain't much.
i personally have a Helix on my 02 3.4 and i like it.

But if you really wont to feel some power gains get a supercharger.

That's my 2c
I'm going to call bs.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:15 PM   #25
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Don't get me wrong i agree with on that one I don't ever hit 4400rpm i just wanted to point out that there is gains on the 3.4's i don't know if there is any gains on the 4.0's.

From the other forums I have been reading no one has gained anything on the 4.0's but i have yet to find Negative Dyno results on the 3.4's all i have to go by in my Friend that was a hot rod mechanic that told me about the spacer and the gains he seen with the 3.4

Now he could be full of shit I don't know i contacted him and told him there is a lot of guys out there that say this thing is crap.
He told me he will look for the test sheet and he will get back to me.
I have tested them on the 3.4, and saw 0 gain. None. Nothing. I even went so far as to have Airaid (just one example) tell me I was "Dyno'ing the TB spacer wrong". WHich turned out to be BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I'm going to call bs.
As am I. Too many people have dynoed these things on FI engines, and have seen no gain. Just a wistle sound.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:19 PM   #26
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Is a whistle sound not a gain? Technically it did not whistle before hand, so you gained a whislting sound.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:19 PM   #27
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Is a whistle sound not a gain? Technically it did not whistle before hand, so you gained a whislting sound.
Or you LOST some quiet.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:20 PM   #28
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
x2 you can finally have someone to whistle with you when you drive with that throttle body spacer
Old 07-30-2010, 12:22 PM   #29
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I have tested them on the 3.4, and saw 0 gain. None. Nothing. I even went so far as to have Airaid (just one example) tell me I was "Dyno'ing the TB spacer wrong". WHich turned out to be BS.

As am I. Too many people have dynoed these things on FI engines, and have seen no gain. Just a wistle sound.
Well Maybe my buddy is full of shit if he can't produce a Dyno sheet the these results then i'm going to have to join you all and say these things are peaces of shit and don't buy them.

I was taking his word for it but if your saying you got nothing that makes me wonder if he's blowing smoke up my ass.

Hell I even have time to return the thing if I want.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:27 PM   #30
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Or you LOST some quiet.
Quiet is not tangible. Quiet is the absence of sound, you cannot lose that which is not there. Your testing in invalid. Whistle gain FTW!
Old 07-30-2010, 12:28 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
Quiet is not tangible. Quiet is the absence of sound, you cannot lose that which is not there. Your testing in invalid. Whistle gain FTW!
And if sound is added, quiet is now lost. BITCH!
Old 07-30-2010, 12:30 PM   #32
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And if sound is added, quiet is now lost. BITCH!
No, you gain sound. PUNK!
Old 07-30-2010, 12:31 PM   #33

Quote:
No, you gain sound. PUNK!
and converslly LOOSE QUIET! you fucking HAG!
Old 07-30-2010, 01:01 PM   #34
MadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant future

Name: Mike
MadTaco461's Tacoma Gallery
Aw yes I should go shave down my own custom billet spacers that whistles louder than all of them and sell it as the Turbo Spacer. Just throw a dirty sock over my intake and dyno and dyno again without the sock. Just for kicks I'll make a youtube video so you can hear how loud my baby whistles. Everyone will want one and I won't have to bartend to pay for school.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:56 PM   #35

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
and converslly LOOSE QUIET! you fucking HAG!
If quiet is nothing, how can you have less than nothing? this is the real world, you KNOB!
Old 07-30-2010, 02:22 PM   #37
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
I think that the throttle body spacer really DOES work. I mean, look at these meaningless charts!

...I rest my case.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:37 PM   #38

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyScottETC View Post
I think that the throttle body spacer really DOES work. I mean, look at these meaningless charts!

...I rest my case.
I just spit Whiskey across my desk on my work computer. Everyone in the office is staring.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:40 PM   #39
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just spit Whiskey across my desk on my work computer. Everyone in the office is staring.
haha! I, on the other hand, managed to hold my vodka in
Old 07-30-2010, 02:42 PM   #40

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
haha! I, on the other hand, managed to hold my vodka in
You have great skills, my friend.