Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Throttle body spacer

Old 07-29-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
rags10 is on a distinguished road
Name: Caleb
rags10's Tacoma Gallery
Throttle body spacer

Is the Air Raid throttle body spacer really worth it on a 2008 toyota tacoma 4.0??
Old 07-29-2010, 05:30 PM   #3
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
its a good paperweight,and it whistles....thats about it.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:31 PM   #4
REX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
REX_111_MDG_BMET's Tacoma Gallery
is there a way to just change the TW banner on the homepage to a giant "SEARCH" button??
Old 07-29-2010, 05:53 PM   #5
rags10's Tacoma Gallery
do either of you guys have a throttle body already?
Old 07-29-2010, 06:09 PM   #6
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Don't waste your money on it unless you need it to prop your door open on a hot summer day.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:24 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by rags10 View Post
do either of you guys have a throttle body already?
A guy made a thread about it. He didn't see gains so he sold it. What do you think it does to help the engine make more power? I want to know what people think it actually does.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:26 PM   #8
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome a new topic!
Old 07-29-2010, 10:05 PM   #9
rags10's Tacoma Gallery
i thought it added a bit of HP and helped mpg maybe a little. but mostly i thought it made the gas a little touchier when i put my foot in it haha. thinkin i should have order the MAF sensor calibrator instead
Old 07-30-2010, 06:02 AM   #10
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Taylor
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Just send it back. I'm just wondering, why do people thing adding a half inch or so of metal help fuel economy or throttle response? LOL....
Old 07-30-2010, 07:33 AM   #11
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masada View Post
Just send it back. I'm just wondering, why do people thing adding a half inch or so of metal help fuel economy or throttle response? LOL....
Marketing.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:45 AM   #13
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i thought it added a bit of HP and helped mpg maybe a little. but mostly i thought it made the gas a little touchier when i put my foot in it haha. thinkin i should have order the MAF sensor calibrator instead

send it back and do this
Old 07-30-2010, 08:39 AM   #15
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is the Air Raid throttle body spacer really worth it on a 2008 toyota tacoma 4.0??

Now i don't know about the Air Raid but my buddy Dyno'd a 02 4runner with a Helix tower power with a stock air box and gained a little over 8hp at 4400rpm.

That might be the reason people don't think they do anything 8hp ain't much.
i personally have a Helix on my 02 3.4 and i like it.

But if you really wont to feel some power gains get a supercharger.

That's my 2c
Old 07-30-2010, 09:02 AM   #16
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Now i don't know about the Air Raid but my buddy Dyno'd a 02 4runner with a Helix tower power with a stock air box and gained a little over 8hp at 4400rpm.

That might be the reason people don't think they do anything 8hp ain't much.
i personally have a Helix on my 02 3.4 and i like it.

But if you really wont to feel some power gains get a supercharger.

That's my 2c
I want to see dyno sheets on that.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:03 AM   #17
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
X2. I dynoed those, and saw no gain.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:00 AM   #18
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
if I had the Dyno sheet i would post it i can contact my buddy and see if he still has it.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:06 AM   #19
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Taylor
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Even if this was the case for the 2nd gen Tacoma, what is 8hp extra going to do for me at 4400rpm? That's almost at the top of my power band.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:11 AM   #20
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masada View Post
Even if this was the case for the 2nd gen Tacoma, what is 8hp extra going to do for me at 4400rpm? That's almost at the top of my power band.
You're missing the point. You have to stack them, so 5 would give 40 ponies.