Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

pipe bomb, y- pipe

Old 06-22-2008, 11:17 PM   #1
branct06 has a spectacular aura aboutbranct06 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Thomas
branct06's Tacoma Gallery
Question pipe bomb, y- pipe

can anyone tell me about the "pipe" bomb or the y pipe what is the advantages/ disadvantages of it, and how much does your power increase i was looking at it on urd's website.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:00 PM   #4
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
It increases air flow by elimating both rear cats. As for emissions i heard you can pass as long as they dont visually inspect for your cats.

I just bought the pipe bomb its actually in my garage but im not sure if im gonna keep it. Im not really sure if i like the bends and curves in it, looks more restrictive for air flow compared to the Y pipe.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:06 PM   #5
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Bluez View Post
It increases air flow by elimating both rear cats. As for emissions i heard you can pass as long as they dont visually inspect for your cats.

I just bought the pipe bomb its actually in my garage but im not sure if im gonna keep it. Im not really sure if i like the bends and curves in it, looks more restrictive for air flow compared to the Y pipe.

it performs the same as the y-pipe. the urd y-pipe might be like barely 1 HP more. the bend is for the 4x4 guys and so u dont fry ur transmission. i have the pipe-bomb and it performs way better than the stock y-pipe
Old 06-23-2008, 03:22 PM   #6
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
I havent really heard any negative feed back on the pipe bomb, so it must be good. Ill probably be installing on my next day off.

has anyone ran emissions yet with the pipe bomb installed?
Old 06-23-2008, 03:24 PM   #7
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

no but im sure i wont pass. thats why i kept the stock y-pipe to put back on for when testing time comes around
Old 06-23-2008, 06:43 PM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Bluez View Post
Ill probably be installing on my next day off.
Hey, Let me know if you need a hand. If your not to far away. Im always up for turnin a wrench!
Old 06-25-2008, 10:52 PM   #9

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Chris, Ill keep that in mind. From what ive heard its a pretty simple installation.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:02 PM   #10
Tuned By Gadget

its a tight fit, really tight fit. will be easier if u have an extra hand. and make sure to get a new o ring exhaust gasket cuz the pipe bomb comes into the piping a tad long
Old 08-25-2008, 11:28 AM   #11
JesseJames is on a distinguished road
JesseJames's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have any sound clips of your setup?
Old 08-25-2008, 11:56 AM   #12
ubermx5 is on a distinguished road
ubermx5's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ubermx5
Also spray all bolt 20 minutes to 24 hours ahead of time with BP blaster.
Way better than WD-40 for this...
Old 08-25-2008, 12:12 PM   #13
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
Do you have any sound clips of your setup?

here ya go... i still need to make a clip for in cab and drive by sound

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ent=y-pipe.flv
Old 08-25-2008, 12:20 PM   #14
Sounds really good... Do you think the DT Long tubes with the pipe bomb would be comperable to this sound?
Old 08-25-2008, 12:27 PM   #15
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Sounds really good... Do you think the DT Long tubes with the pipe bomb would be comperable to this sound?

if u get the long tubes it will be louder and a little more raspy...
Old 08-25-2008, 12:44 PM   #16
I've heard that the pipe bomb eliminates the raspy sound, have you heard anything like that?
Old 08-25-2008, 12:52 PM   #17
Tuned By Gadget

yea it does, with out it it will be reallllly raspy. the pipe bomb will tone it down a bit, but ur still gonna have some rasp, trust me
Old 08-25-2008, 12:57 PM   #18
You happy with the pipe bomb? Did it increase your performance much? Thanks appreciate your feedback...
Old 08-25-2008, 01:00 PM   #19
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
You happy with the pipe bomb? Did it increase your performance much? Thanks appreciate your feedback...

yup im very satisfied... i did feel an increase in the mid-upper power range, but i might of lost a little bit of lower end.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:41 AM   #20

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
I have had my pipe bomb installed for over a month now and i really like it. I have noticed a little more pick up and also a bit louder sound, which I am very happy with. I would recommend this.