1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

JBA Headers and Y Pipe

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by ace99025, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Jun 24, 2008 at 8:58 AM
    ace99025

ace99025 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    01 tacoma prerunner v6
    k and n cold air intake, air raid throttle body spacer, 2" leveling spacer, american racing mojave teflon wheels, flowmaster 40 series and soon to be amazing pioneer premier sound system once my box is finished!!
    So the name says it all. Thats what i am planning to get. After doing some research i have noticed that on many sites people have said that one a V-6 the y pipe will take power away???? is this true

2. Jun 24, 2008 at 5:04 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    I havent had one on a dyno, yet, but I can see that being true. The "Y" pipe alters the scavenging of the exhaust. I have looked very closely at the factory "Y" pipe, and from what I can tell, it flows very well for what it is. Since you are considering a set of headers, in combination with the "Y" pipe, you may not loose any power on the bottom, but you should gain some h.p. on the mid, to top end. :)

3. Jun 24, 2008 at 5:15 PM
    roxspin72

roxspin72 Enjoying my addiction

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue, TRD, 4X4,
    Oh Yeah!!!
    Tell you the truth, unless you are timing your truck on the 1/4 mile, you won't notice to much lost in low end power. I'm running on 285/75/16 ATZ's and my truck hauls ass, especially above 3000 RPM w/JBA Headers, Y-pipe, Borla Cat back. Im sure if I re-gear to a 4.56 gear ratio, my truck would smoke a stock 4x4 Access Cab. Plus it sounds soo sweet!!!. this is just my opinion...

Products Discussed in

To Top