Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Tornado fuel saver question

Old 08-03-2010, 11:35 PM   #1
Lukeduplesse is on a distinguished road
Lukeduplesse's Tacoma Gallery
Question Tornado fuel saver question

Has anyone used the "Tornado" fuel saver and actually seen a improvement?
Old 08-03-2010, 11:36 PM   #2
YeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Honor Guard-Now out of Honor Guard getting ready for MK "A" School
Name: Thomas
YeahYeah's Tacoma Gallery
eh.... little.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:08 AM   #3
so its not worth the 60 bucks?
Old 08-04-2010, 12:11 AM   #4
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
I have no experience with one but everything I read and hear say it's a gimmick.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:02 AM   #5
Hambone805 is on a distinguished road

Name: Aaron
Hambone805's Tacoma Gallery
why don't you just give me the 60 bucks
Old 08-04-2010, 06:11 AM   #6
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
If a cheap piece of metal improved gas milage, toyota would have added it to the 2nd gen.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:34 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Its a gimmick. I dynoed one on a 3.4, and it lost about 4 hp.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:37 PM   #8
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
$60 and it DECREASES my horsepower....ehh...no thanks!

I'd spend $60 on a cheap piece of metal if it INCREASED my HP by 4. Even if I used more gas
Old 08-04-2010, 12:40 PM   #9
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
I tried one years ago that someone gave me for free... and it helped improve mpg slightly in my opinion because it cloggs up the intake hose which limits the amount of air that can be consumed by the engine meaning less gas..thus more miles on less gas and a loss of hp. (sorry for the run on sentence)

You could probably kinked the intake hose and get the same results if you never floored the gas. Sorta tricks the MAF sensor??
Old 08-04-2010, 12:50 PM   #11
kristonex is on a distinguished road

kristonex's Tacoma Gallery
The old saying "if its too good to be true it probably is" definitely applies here. There is no miracle gas saver or everybody would be using it.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:45 PM   #12
Thanks everyone for all your input. I'm glad I asked first before I threw away a tank of gas.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:43 PM   #13
Professional Threadjacker
Chopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Devin
Chopper678's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
I tried one years ago that someone gave me for free... and it helped improve mpg slightly in my opinion because it cloggs up the intake hose which limits the amount of air that can be consumed by the engine meaning less gas..thus more miles on less gas and a loss of hp. (sorry for the run on sentence)

You could probably kinked the intake hose and get the same results if you never floored the gas. Sorta tricks the MAF sensor??
Does this mean a performance air intake would use MORE gas?
Old 07-29-2011, 06:49 PM   #14
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper678 View Post
Does this mean a performance air intake would use MORE gas?
More air needs more fuel to make power.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:49 PM   #15
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Claims of better mpg's because of an intake mod are bs. Flow more air, the ECU will inject more fuel. Claims of more HP? Yes, but marginally so.
The only proven way to save gas is to keep your tires inflated properly, keep your tailgate up, keep your windows closed, and keep the lead out of your foot!
Old 07-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #17
Professional Threadjacker
Chopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Devin
Chopper678's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
More air needs more fuel to make power.
Thanks