Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Electric supercharger? 6600 rpms??

Old 08-04-2010, 11:34 PM   #1
wolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud of

Name: Skyler
wolfgang123's Tacoma Gallery
Electric supercharger? 6600 rpms??

so my budy showed me this the other day.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ELECT...item3a5d73631d

i have heard of the shit eletric inline supercharges that run off a cig. lighter but this seems to be different. its almost like a supercharger fan and housing bolted to an electric motor? i see where they we going with this but would it really work?
Old 08-04-2010, 11:38 PM   #2
Trap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trap's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know if that one works but electric superchargers are not new. Some work just fine.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:45 PM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Dont buy this shit

Quote:
This eturbo works with 12volt or 24volt. buy a second battery and have twice the boost with twice the voltage.
Is this a fucking joke?
Old 08-04-2010, 11:56 PM   #4
wolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
Dont buy this shit

Is this a fucking joke?

i wasnt going to buy it, i was just wondering if something like this would work. it seems like alot more than the typical computer fan in your intake thats all.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:58 PM   #5
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
well Im just saying that if they think that getting 2 12v batteries will give you 24v I believe they are not a company to put your trust into
Old 08-05-2010, 12:09 AM   #6
Snowmang is a splendid one to beholdSnowmang is a splendid one to beholdSnowmang is a splendid one to beholdSnowmang is a splendid one to beholdSnowmang is a splendid one to beholdSnowmang is a splendid one to beholdSnowmang is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jacob
Snowmang's Tacoma Gallery
im buyin it!
Old 08-05-2010, 12:14 AM   #7
Trap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trap's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well Im just saying that if they think that getting 2 12v batteries will give you 24v I believe they are not a company to put your trust into
This has to be the best thing I heard all day. Ever Changed flashlight batteries ? Notice the have to go in a proper way? Wonder why? Puzzle.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:20 AM   #8
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Im pretty sure it does give you 24v if they are in series.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:24 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Im pretty sure it does give you 24v if they are in series.
yes hes actually right but wiring up 2 batts. like that for a supercharge is dumb. idk i might buy one and stick it on my minibike
Old 08-05-2010, 04:22 AM   #11
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang123 View Post
i wasnt going to buy it, i was just wondering if something like this would work. it seems like alot more than the typical computer fan in your intake thats all.
Actually I was thinking...beefier computer fan?

Quote:
Hook them up in series. http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...r-in-Parallel/
Old 08-05-2010, 04:33 AM   #12
Kentucky Boy
YotaDude01 is a jewel in the roughYotaDude01 is a jewel in the roughYotaDude01 is a jewel in the rough

YotaDude01's Tacoma Gallery
lol... i was thinking maybe a hair dryer...... think about all that extra power...jk..lol
Old 08-05-2010, 05:40 AM   #14
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
I guess it might work in theory, and yes, you can get 24vdc out of two 12v batteries in series. The question is whether it'd be worth the jury-rigging.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:00 AM   #15
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
If you just throw out the WFT-factor in this device and try to figure if this is something real....

First off you'd need to know the amp draw and the possible boost pressure achieved to understand if the alleged pressure gained is worth the amps drawn and associated alternator drag (alternator upgrade to ??).

It would be an interesting assessment, I suspect it would not come out in favor of the pressure... I would also suspect that the claimed rpm's cannot be achieved once any pressure builds up. Again, thought exercise, interesting but highly unlikely.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:56 AM   #16
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
If you just throw out the WFT-factor in this device and try to figure if this is something real....

First off you'd need to know the amp draw and the possible boost pressure achieved to understand if the alleged pressure gained is worth the amps drawn and associated alternator drag (alternator upgrade to ??).

It would be an interesting assessment, I suspect it would not come out in favor of the pressure... I would also suspect that the claimed rpm's cannot be achieved once any pressure builds up. Again, thought exercise, interesting but highly unlikely.
Agreed. If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say the current draw would be rather high in order to achieve significant boost pressure. Definitely a heavier duty alternator should be used and probably upgrade the wire gauge coming out of that thing's motor.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:52 AM   #17
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
These things work, but have very limited applications. The good: The blower has no parasitic loss on the engine. The bad: There's enough juice in the batteries for just 1 run, then the batteries take a long time to recharge. The system is practical only for dedicated dragstrip rigs.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:40 AM   #18
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
This is actually a real electric super charger. It is a real compressor stage from a turbo and an electric motor to drive it. this will make boost. The leaf blower/axial fan ones are garbage and actually lose power, but this is the real deal. the motor is kind of small to make a good amount of boost. but 3psi as stated is realistic. The Thomas Knight electric super chargers use 3 motors. A good read on the thomas knight setup.

http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/04...ger/index.html
Old 08-05-2010, 08:49 AM   #19
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
^ thanks for the input seth
Old 08-05-2010, 09:08 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreRunnerSeth View Post
This is actually a real electric super charger. It is a real compressor stage from a turbo and an electric motor to drive it. this will make boost. The leaf blower/axial fan ones are garbage and actually lose power, but this is the real deal. the motor is kind of small to make a good amount of boost. but 3psi as stated is realistic. The Thomas Knight electric super chargers use 3 motors. A good read on the thomas knight setup.

http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/04...ger/index.html

See now that's a night & day difference compared to that ebay garbage.