1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Complete NOOB question: Companies to be weary of ?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by BluTaco08, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Jun 27, 2008 at 5:02 PM
    BluTaco08

BluTaco08 [OP] I LiKe TaCos

Member:
    Because this my first truck project, and I've only ever modded cars for the past few years, I am completely new to the world of truck modding. This may sound like a completel newbie question but I'm wondering if there are any compaines to steer clear of when looking at modifications. For example, when I was tuning my Honda, I always tried to use the best companies (Blitz, Mugen, Tein, etc.) and never allowed myself to purchase from "lesser" companies (APC, Streetglow, etc.) because the quality and performance of their products were not as good as the more expensive companies. Is this the same for Trucks ? I'm assuming their are companies out there that make products that to most truck owners seem "useless" or "cheap". I want to do my truck right and just need a little list of really good respectable companies, and other companies that I should steer clear of. I would like to have a respectable truck that is done right. Any help is much appreciated.

2. Jun 27, 2008 at 5:33 PM
    MotoXFreeStyle61

MotoXFreeStyle61 Displaced Texan

Member:
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 4Cyl, Access Cab, 5
    Black Head Light Mod, Tacoma All Weather Mats, ScanGauge II, Tonnaeu Bed Cover, 40% Tint, Added Fog Lights, 600W x 1 Alpine MRP-M650 Amp, Alpine 10" Type-R SWR-1022D Sub, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Day Time Running Lights, K&N Drop In Air Filter (oiled), Westin Bullbar (Black Powder), Alpine IVA-W505 w/Nav, JL Audio 6.5" Front Speakers, Toyota SR5 Seat Covers, 2.5" Toytec Spacer
    I think that that is a really general question. I think when a project comes up that you want to do is post it on here and I bet there are plenty of guys (and girls) that can steer you in the right direction.

3. Jun 28, 2008 at 3:54 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Just as MotoX has said....

When you discover something you want for the truck - or a paticular product in mind - research, research, research. There's sooooo many things you can buy and soooo many places to buy them. From popular brand name items to specialized custom fabricated stuff....

If you don't see that anyone else has what you're looking for - post questions and ask.

Use Google and other toyota forums also.

4. Jun 28, 2008 at 10:00 AM
    BluTaco08

BluTaco08 [OP] I LiKe TaCos

Member:
    Thanks for the help guys. It's nice to know that there are so many people willing to help other people. It kinda makes me all fuzzy inside..haha. I'll be sure to ask before I do anything.

Products Discussed in

To Top