LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Complete NOOB question: Companies to be weary of ?

Old 06-27-2008, 05:02 PM   #1
I LiKe TaCos
BluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really nice

BluTaco08's Tacoma Gallery
Complete NOOB question: Companies to be weary of ?

Because this my first truck project, and I've only ever modded cars for the past few years, I am completely new to the world of truck modding. This may sound like a completel newbie question but I'm wondering if there are any compaines to steer clear of when looking at modifications. For example, when I was tuning my Honda, I always tried to use the best companies (Blitz, Mugen, Tein, etc.) and never allowed myself to purchase from "lesser" companies (APC, Streetglow, etc.) because the quality and performance of their products were not as good as the more expensive companies. Is this the same for Trucks ? I'm assuming their are companies out there that make products that to most truck owners seem "useless" or "cheap". I want to do my truck right and just need a little list of really good respectable companies, and other companies that I should steer clear of. I would like to have a respectable truck that is done right. Any help is much appreciated.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:33 PM   #2
Displaced Texan
MotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to all

Air Force: 1LT
MotoXFreeStyle61's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MotoXFreeStyle61 Send a message via MSN to MotoXFreeStyle61
I think that that is a really general question. I think when a project comes up that you want to do is post it on here and I bet there are plenty of guys (and girls) that can steer you in the right direction.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:54 AM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Just as MotoX has said....

When you discover something you want for the truck - or a paticular product in mind - research, research, research. There's sooooo many things you can buy and soooo many places to buy them. From popular brand name items to specialized custom fabricated stuff....

If you don't see that anyone else has what you're looking for - post questions and ask.

Use Google and other toyota forums also.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:00 AM   #4
I LiKe TaCos
BluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really nice

BluTaco08's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the help guys. It's nice to know that there are so many people willing to help other people. It kinda makes me all fuzzy inside..haha. I'll be sure to ask before I do anything.