Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

no muffler

Old 08-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #1
zkdawg is on a distinguished road

Name: zach
zkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
no muffler

i dont have and wont have money for awhile but i want some sound out of my truck. my question is how would no muffler sound? i dont want a ricer sound, hoping for a throaty/deep sound if possible.

any input is great.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:14 PM   #2
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
A wicked flow muffler will run you bout 80 bills plus install, you'll def get some sound outta that
Old 08-16-2010, 12:16 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenpachiZaraki View Post
A wicked flow muffler will run you bout 80 bills plus install, you'll def get some sound outta that
You didn't read his post did you?

There's several guys on here that aren't running mufflers...try it out
Old 08-16-2010, 12:16 PM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Here ya go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxeqh2ZCg5E
Old 08-16-2010, 12:18 PM   #5
Taco Lover
tegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tegdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkdawg View Post
i dont have and wont have money for awhile but i want some sound out of my truck. my question is how would no muffler sound? i dont want a ricer sound, hoping for a throaty/deep sound if possible.

any input is great.
No muffler would sound like crap, I fired up my truck after removing the stock exhaust before putting on the TRD it sounded like shit. Your performance would also go to hell w/o any back pressure.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:18 PM   #6
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
I dont. I love the sound too. Getting ready to take out the Resonators as well.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:26 PM   #7
zkdawg is on a distinguished road

Name: zach
zkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post

thats not bad, i think im going to have to take mine off.

thx guys

how long of a piece of pipe will i need to fill the spot?
Old 08-16-2010, 12:29 PM   #8
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegdog View Post
No muffler would sound like crap, I fired up my truck after removing the stock exhaust before putting on the TRD it sounded like shit. Your performance would also go to hell w/o any back pressure.
you still have back pressure without exhaust. fyi. we have 4 cats (V-6)
Old 08-16-2010, 12:30 PM   #9
81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
i vote open headers. talk about a bad ass sound
Old 08-16-2010, 12:32 PM   #10
Regretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRegretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRegretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRegretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRegretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRegretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRegretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRegretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRegretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRegretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRegretless Rob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Regretless Rob's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Regretless Rob
well i wouldn't take the muffler off not only will it be a crappy sound but its bad for the engine. I would not do it at all. I would maybe drill holes rite after the cat it might help with sound and it will give it a ok amount of back presser or just wait tell you have the cash to do it rite. I payed 100 for my wicked flow muffler with install.. well i did a trade for it but it would have coasted and but you can find cheaper most of the time.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:39 PM   #11
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Army Guard 31B
Name: Cam
ClemsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
I dont. I love the sound too. Getting ready to take out the Resonators as well.
you redneck I think no pipes only sounds badass on a V8 on a V6 it sounds like a I4 with nice exhaust
Old 08-16-2010, 12:43 PM   #13
Taco Lover
tegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tegdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
you still have back pressure without exhaust. fyi. we have 4 cats (V-6)
Yeah but not as much, I say you will still lose power. As far as sound goes the OP asked for input I think it sounds like shit w/o the muffler IMO. Makes more sense to lose the front or rear cats IMO than hack the muffler. No need to get your panties in a bunch johnw the guy asked for opinions I gave mine.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:46 PM   #14
Taco Lover

tegdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regretless Rob View Post
well i wouldn't take the muffler off not only will it be a crappy sound but its bad for the engine. I would not do it at all. I would maybe drill holes rite after the cat it might help with sound and it will give it a ok amount of back presser or just wait tell you have the cash to do it rite. I payed 100 for my wicked flow muffler with install.. well i did a trade for it but it would have coasted and but you can find cheaper most of the time.
Good point, V6's with out mufflers are pretty redneck, if you wanna do that shit buy a 350 chevy & plaster it with rebel flags.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:46 PM   #15
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegdog View Post
Yeah but not as much, I say you will still lose power. As far as sound goes the OP asked for input I think it sounds like shit w/o the muffler IMO. Makes more sense to lose the front or rear cats IMO than hack the muffler. No need to get your panties in a bunch johnw the guy asked for opinions I gave mine.
idk what kinda under garments you where i guess your talking from personal experience about panties being in a bunch. but sorry man i dont wear panties like you. and i also gave my opinion and quoted yours with mine.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:50 PM   #16
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
thats some redneck/ H.S. kid shit...please do everyone's ears a favor and dont do it..
Old 08-16-2010, 12:52 PM   #17
Taco Lover

tegdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
idk what kinda under garments you where i guess your talking from personal experience about panties being in a bunch. but sorry man i dont wear panties like you. and i also gave my opinion and quoted yours with mine.
Must be your time of the month then, seem a little bitcy to me. And by the way you "wear" undergarmets not "where" them, I can't spell for shit but I was taught that in grade school.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:52 PM   #18
Taco Lover

tegdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
thats some redneck/ H.S. kid shit...please do everyone's ears a favor and dont do it..
agreed
Old 08-16-2010, 12:53 PM   #19
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scottri's Tacoma Gallery
It will sound like shit and piss everyone off.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:55 PM   #20
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery