Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Headers and Exhaust

Old 08-20-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
NathanArena1988 is on a distinguished road
Name: Nathan
NathanArena1988's Tacoma Gallery
Headers and Exhaust

Hello, I currently have a 2009 double cab 4.0 2wd Trd package. I recently ordered the volant cold air intake and the ram air scoop for better air flow and a few more hp. I wanted to know if adding headers would improve hp+torque? Also If I were to add headers, would if be a smart idea to get an after market exhaust system for better air flow at the rear?
Old 08-21-2010, 02:16 AM   #2
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
I would recommend picking up the URD Maf cal before getting headers. The volant intake does some screwy things to the MAF accuracy in our trucks. Some trucks are ok, most have A/F readings that hurt performance more then they help.

Tune for that intake, then add headers and a catback, retune, and you will def like the power gains.