Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Aero Turbine Mufflers

Old 08-20-2010, 08:06 PM   #1
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Aero Turbine Mufflers

hey guys,
i'm thinking about getting rid of my flowmaster 40 and getting an aeroturbine 3030 muffler 3" in 3" out, same as my flowmaster, does anybody have any feed back on these mufflers?
Old 08-21-2010, 02:14 AM   #2
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Do the 2525 muffler. a 3" muffler is too large for stock piping. Yes, a muffler shop can get it to fit, but when you change the exhaust diameter that drastically (2.25" to 3" back to 2.25"), you will hurt performance.

I'm running two 2525XL mufflers in my dual exhaust, and I absolutely love the sound. I had a S40 flowmaster that I hated (droned to much)
Old 08-21-2010, 10:22 AM   #3
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrunnIT View Post
Do the 2525 muffler. a 3" muffler is too large for stock piping. Yes, a muffler shop can get it to fit, but when you change the exhaust diameter that drastically (2.25" to 3" back to 2.25"), you will hurt performance.

I'm running two 2525XL mufflers in my dual exhaust, and I absolutely love the sound. I had a S40 flowmaster that I hated (droned to much)
no i already have full 3" exhaust... what do you mean going from 2.25" to 3" back to 2.25?
Old 08-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #4
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Well if you already have a full 3" exhaust, then go for it.

I know flowmaster doesn't make a 3" kit for our trucks, so I assumed you just had a muffler welded in (typical setup). But if you have a custom 3" catback already installed then the aero should be a good choice.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:12 PM   #5
Quote:

I know flowmaster doesn't make a 3" kit for our trucks, so I assumed you just had a muffler welded in (typical setup). But if you have a custom 3" catback already installed then the aero should be a good choice.
yeah it's a custom set up but i hate the flowmaster
Old 08-22-2010, 10:52 PM   #6
Quote:

one more wuestion, should i do the normal one or the xl?
Old 08-23-2010, 07:56 PM   #7
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
I went with the XL for the additional resonator (will help tune the sound)
Old 08-23-2010, 10:50 PM   #8
Quote:
I went with the XL for the additional resonator (will help tune the sound)
what does that mean?
Old 08-23-2010, 11:02 PM   #9
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Go with the xl. I have videos posted of my aero 2525 as well as my current setup with a resonator mounted in as well. The 2525 is nice and loud by itself, but its got a bit of rasp on these trucks. The nostalgia eventually wore off and I like how she sounds now.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:23 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Go with the xl. I have videos posted of my aero 2525 as well as my current setup with a resonator mounted in as well. The 2525 is nice and loud by itself, but its got a bit of rasp on these trucks. The nostalgia eventually wore off and I like how she sounds now.
lol my longtubes and flowmaster are all rasp!
Old 08-24-2010, 12:15 AM   #11
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
lol my longtubes and flowmaster are all rasp!
Then i would def recommend getting the XL. You might even want to consider a 2nd resonator to help as well.