Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Custom intake ?

Old 07-01-2008, 09:50 PM   #1
I LiKe TaCos
BluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really nice

BluTaco08's Tacoma Gallery
Custom intake ?

I'm just wondering if anybody has made an attempt at a homemade intake ? Eventually I will have a name brand intake, but until then...anybody ?
Old 07-01-2008, 10:10 PM   #2
hail-bop Command is on a distinguished road

hail-bop Command's Tacoma Gallery
Not me.....
Old 07-02-2008, 07:59 AM   #3
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Get a high flow non K&N (dry) drop in filter and save yourself some cash.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:11 PM   #4
"Not you, fat jesus"
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11A 1-184 IN
Name: Ted
t.hornstra's Tacoma Gallery
Deckplate and get a Good drop in filter, 95% same effect as a CAI. I did it to my 2002 2.7L and i love it,

go to a local boat store or place that sells deckplates, dremel a circle, screw it on, leave cap out and waalaaa! best 15 bucks youll ever spend (not really but thot it sounded encouraging )
Old 06-10-2009, 11:16 PM   #6
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samantha
MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
me and my boyfriend attempted it, did something wrong because my truck wouldn't run with it...not sure what we did because he made one for his truck that worked great.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:19 PM   #7
"Not you, fat jesus"
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTrd View Post
me and my boyfriend attempted it, did something wrong because my truck wouldn't run with it...not sure what we did because he made one for his truck that worked great.
what do u mean "wouldnt run"? would it start? pleeaseee tell me he cut the hole on the bottom below the filter.

it would be very bad it he bypassed the filter and dirty air and junk it going straight into your manifold. that would be baaddd and a possible reason why your truck wont run..
Old 06-10-2009, 11:20 PM   #8
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
it would start and then die. i don't know what he did but this was a long time ago and my truck is perfectly fine
Old 06-10-2009, 11:31 PM   #9
"Not you, fat jesus"

Quote:
it would start and then die. i don't know what he did but this was a long time ago and my truck is perfectly fine
oh wow i feel like a dumbass haha its been a loonngg time. i wonder why this was so recent in the thread list.. i saw it bold and thot it was a new topic.

ok cool. well im glad things worked out!

i notice your in sacramento, what part?
Old 06-10-2009, 11:33 PM   #10
hell yes i love my truck

MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.hornstra View Post
oh wow i feel like a dumbass haha its been a loonngg time. i wonder why this was so recent in the thread list.. i saw it bold and thot it was a new topic.

ok cool. well im glad things worked out!

i notice your in sacramento, what part?
you're not a dumbass, i did post that tonight but we did the intake a long time ago. i appreciate you trying to help

i have no idea what part of sac i'm in...i moved here for school last year so all i can tell you is i'm near sac state
Old 06-10-2009, 11:36 PM   #11
"Not you, fat jesus"

Quote:
you're not a dumbass, i did post that tonight but we did the intake a long time ago. i appreciate you trying to help

i have no idea what part of sac i'm in...i moved here for school last year so all i can tell you is i'm near sac state
NOOO EFFIN WAYYY hahahahaha i jus transfered to Sac State from Sonoma. Im gonna be a Sophomore.

Ill PM You
Old 06-10-2009, 11:37 PM   #12
hell yes i love my truck

MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
wow thats crazy because i'm leaving sac state to go to sonoma state and i'm gonna be a sophomore!....crazy!
Old 06-10-2009, 11:40 PM   #13
"Not you, fat jesus"

Quote:
wow thats crazy because i'm leaving sac state to go to sonoma state and i'm gonna be a sophomore!....crazy!
whaat haha wierrd.. why sonoma? i didnt like it there at allll.
i wonder if you know my friend and cousin then. they went to sac state last year too.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:43 PM   #14
hell yes i love my truck

MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
because i'm from petaluma and i want to go back. why didn't you like sonoma? i love sac state! i just can't stand to live in sacramento anymore!

i might know them. pm me names if yah want