Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Performance Upgrade?

Old 08-21-2010, 10:17 PM   #1
dbx79 is on a distinguished road
dbx79's Tacoma Gallery
Performance Upgrade?

I just got a 2007 Tacoma with regular cab and I wanted to know how I can upgrade the performance since i only have a V4. I changed the tires and rims with 17'' Pirelli's and 17'' Liquid Metal with silver finish. This truck has 236 hp and I'd like to make it a bit more beastly any suggestions? With style and size of my rims and tires is increasing power just wasting money on those tires?
Old 08-21-2010, 10:21 PM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW.

Your truck is an I4, and it makes around 160hp.

Performance mods range from intake modifications to superchargers.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:57 AM   #3
dbx79 is on a distinguished road
dbx79's Tacoma Gallery
Is there any examples you can show me about the intake mods and the superchargers? i'd like to check out pricing online and see how much that would cost me.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:03 AM   #4
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
If you do a search, you'll find deck plate mods (cheap/free mods section) and there are plenty more about which intake is the best. There's exhuast as well. To see any real gain with those two mods, you would have to mess with your ECU. Superchargers are expensive but the members on here that have em love em and see some gains in mpgs too.

Check here:
http://www.urdusa.com
Old 08-22-2010, 07:27 AM   #5
larryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Vet: C-17 Avionics Engineer; Electrical Research Engineer
Name: Larry
larryde09's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a V6 or I-4 (it's not a V4, it's an "in-line 4"...a.k.a. 4-cyl, 4-banger)? I have a I-4, you can check out my build for intake and exhaust pics that slightly improved my performance and mpg. There are varying opinions regarding intakes, exhausts, etc. and the actual benefits, but I can tell you from my own experiences that they improved my throttle response and improved my mileage by ~3 mpg.