Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

? About S/C Fit Kit?

Old 08-28-2010, 01:40 PM   #1
Cheezy Taco is on a distinguished road
Cheezy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
? About S/C Fit Kit?

I am saving for a S/C on my 4x4 4dr and I was wondering if I am able to install the fit kit before I install the S/C since it has the intercooler, fuel pump, ect. or do I have to install them together??? Can anyone help me out?
Old 08-28-2010, 01:45 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Its best to install everything together.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:48 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Does the fit kit include that stuff or just gaskets and adapters?? The fit kit is like 300 bucks...Which doesn't seem like much for any of the major parts. My guess is you gotta wait to do them at the same time or you'll be opening the engine up twice...
More than that, the fit kit is designed as, once you remove some things for the SC install, and install the fit kit, the OEM parts wont go back, unless the fit kit parts are removed.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Assumed as much...but I'm not as cool as you....so I didn't know.
If you quit wearing womens clothes.....You might be cool.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:42 PM   #7
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
yeah dont do it, just wait till you get the rest, its a smallish box just to keep around
Old 08-28-2010, 09:09 PM   #8
Sleeper 4x4
Super Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Super Werty's Tacoma Gallery
FYI it does not come with a fuel pump. But you can buy this upgraded pump from URD. Very nice kit. I have one in my truck

http://www.urdusa.com/product_info.p..._id=1260518592
Old 08-28-2010, 09:12 PM   #9
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
^ I should probably get that right?
Old 08-28-2010, 09:50 PM   #10
Sleeper 4x4
Super Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Super Werty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
^ I should probably get that right?
yea you all should. Apparently the stock pumps get clogged around 30K miles and can sometimes lean out the air fuel. Not good when you are boosted