Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Lets see your CAI

Old 09-01-2010, 08:45 AM   #1
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
Lets see your CAI

I have searched on here but did not find anything. Lets see your CAI. Whether it be a K&N or something else. Lets just see some pics of the setup. I am a bit curious about doing this mod, and would love to see how everyone else looks. Let us know problems you had doing it, if you did it or someone else did, how hard it is, and how long it took. Also what benefits have you seen from it??
Old 09-01-2010, 09:57 AM   #4
outlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FO on the OP
Name: Brandon
outlaw7's Tacoma Gallery
my trd/volant hybrid
Old 09-01-2010, 10:03 AM   #6
outlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FO on the OP
Name: Brandon
outlaw7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade-Runner View Post
^^^^ Nice! I think I'll have to do the same.
i did a write up on here somewhere cant really notice any power gain but my intake temps are much cooler than before city driving 1-3 deg above outside temp highway driving 0-2 deg above outside temp.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:07 AM   #7
99tacosupreme has a spectacular aura about99tacosupreme has a spectacular aura about

Name: Kyle
99tacosupreme's Tacoma Gallery
Heres my K&N CAI on my 99 tacoma.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:44 AM   #8
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I am noticing that everyone has the engine cover took off! Is their a reason??
Old 09-01-2010, 10:45 AM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelfan_08 View Post
Nah just for looks.

I have a TRD intake but no pics of it. Remember that only TRD, Volant, AFE and stock are cold air.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:50 AM   #10
Blade-Runner is on a distinguished road

Air Force: CATM NCOIC for AFMC Las Vegas, NV
Name: Kevin
Blade-Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Can't use the cover with a supercharger in the way.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:58 AM   #11
STravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
STravis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
First gens don't have engine covers and those second gens have superchargers.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:00 PM   #13
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Volant FTW!
Old 09-02-2010, 09:23 PM   #15
Carolina Alliance

That is the most bad ass thing I have seen! I want one just like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2Otx View Post
TRD with Custom cover (thanks Coupe)

Old 09-02-2010, 09:26 PM   #16
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Damn I want a cover where did you guys get Them?
Old 09-02-2010, 09:32 PM   #17
Carolina Alliance

came with the truck! to get it, get a new truck
Old 09-03-2010, 04:54 AM   #18
The Tinkerer
H2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shedH2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shedH2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shedH2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shedH2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shedH2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shedH2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shedH2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shedH2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shedH2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shedH2Otx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austin
H2Otx's Tacoma Gallery
Ya'll must not be searching long enough. Because I found all the information within a week. Not nocking ya'll or anything, just telling ya'll the information is out there.

They no longer make the TRD intake like mine and outlaw's. It has been discontinued. They replaced it with another one that just looks goofy as hell, and has some little meter or gauge at the top. I got the last one sitting on a dealership's shelf across town. It costs a pretty penny.

Now even though the TRD one has been discontinued, AFE is really the manufacturer of that CAI system. So if you go to AFE's website and look at the pics it is the EXACT same, just has AFE's logo on it. The advantage of going that route is you can request or swap the filter for a PRO DRY S so you don't get the oil based filter.

I don't know who all makes the covers but I got mine from Coupe. He is an X-Runner guy that peruses these forums. Great guy and very knowledgeable. He can do many different designs on the covers.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:06 PM   #20
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Here is the AFE Stage II SI: