Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

2.7L muffler

Old 09-02-2010, 07:26 PM   #1
DaytonLax14 is on a distinguished road

Name: Corey
DaytonLax14's Tacoma Gallery
2.7L muffler

Any muffler out there that will make a 2.7 liter sound deeper and louder and not ricey?
Old 09-03-2010, 10:36 AM   #2
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
I have flowmaster 44 on my truck and it has a nice deep tone to it. Search around on Youtube and also search the site, there are many topics about exhaust systems.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:40 PM   #3

do you have a video clip of it?
Old 09-11-2010, 09:14 PM   #4

anyone?
Old 09-11-2010, 09:14 PM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
I have flowmaster 44 on my truck and it has a nice deep tone to it.
x2
Old 09-11-2010, 09:18 PM   #6
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
i thought the flow44 i had sounded very ricy.i hated it and went with the magnaflow. it sounds much deeper, similar to a WRX
Old 09-11-2010, 09:23 PM   #7
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
i thought the flow44 i had sounded very ricy.i hated it and went with the magnaflow. it sounds much deeper, similar to a WRX
video please?
Old 09-11-2010, 09:27 PM   #8
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lSyZ...eature=related

not mine and i dont have headers but mine sounds very similar
Old 09-11-2010, 09:28 PM   #9
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lSyZ...eature=related

not mine and i dont have headers but mine sounds very similar

The key word is headers dude...no 4 banger will sound like that with out em!
Old 09-11-2010, 09:29 PM   #10

show me a video of a 4 banger with JUST an exhaust
Old 09-11-2010, 09:30 PM   #11

Here.....big fuckin difference!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfsfBkO_qDA
Old 09-11-2010, 09:30 PM   #12

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
The key word is headers dude...no 4 banger will sound like that with out em!

if you read my post ive said my truck sounds very similar... and it does.

same deepness just not quite as loud
Old 09-11-2010, 09:31 PM   #13

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here.....big fuckin difference!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfsfBkO_qDA

ill take a vid of my truck... it does not sound like this
Old 09-11-2010, 09:32 PM   #14
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
i plan on getting headers and a cold air intake, does exhaust do anything for performance? like anything noticeable? if it doesnt its out of the question.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:32 PM   #15

Quote:
ill take a vid of my truck... it does not sound like this
I know, I need to take a vid of mine too...I'd go do it now but it at the shop
Old 09-11-2010, 09:33 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
i plan on getting headers and a cold air intake, does exhaust do anything for performance? like anything noticeable? if it doesnt its out of the question.
Maybe a lil increased throttle response but thats about it...nothing to much to notice. Just a good sound
Old 09-11-2010, 09:35 PM   #17
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
i wanna get headers but mom prolly wont let me haha. my mission is to get the urd SC when it comes out with my grad money if i get any haha
Old 09-11-2010, 09:37 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
i wanna get headers but mom prolly wont let me haha. my mission is to get the urd SC when it comes out with my grad money if i get any haha
Tell her they increase MPG....that works everytime!

I've had to use that excuse with my Fiance' a few times

I use that excuse for everything...even bigger tires lol!

Old 09-11-2010, 09:38 PM   #19

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Maybe a lil increased throttle response but thats about it...nothing to much to notice. Just a good sound
actually on my 4 banger it feels much better according to the ole' but dyno. i notice the biggest difference going up hills. i can maintain 70 in 5th when i always needed 4th before the exhaust.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:39 PM   #20
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Tell her they increase MPG....that works everytime!

I've had to use that excuse with my Fiance' a few times

I use that excuse for everything...even bigger tires lol!

giggity giggity. well i think she doesnt believe me about it. haha imma do it anyway,....eventually haha