LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Upgraded Performance Radiator Hoses

Old 09-03-2010, 10:59 AM   #1
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Upgraded Performance Radiator Hoses

Just want to give a heads up on here. A friend of mine, Mike at Non Stop Tuning is bringing to market Upper and Lower aftermarket radiator hoses, from Street Star Auto.

Also, Street Star is trying to get interest in making another Lower hose that goes with the TRD S/C setups, since it is different from the N/A stock OEM hose.

I figure what better place to share than here.

Here are links if any one is interested.

Regular Upper and Lower:http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...ad.php?t=38777

S/C Hose:http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...333#post664333

Old 09-03-2010, 11:15 AM   #2
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
Those look good but dang they are expensive
Old 09-03-2010, 11:31 AM   #3
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Just out of curiosity, if you DONT have to replace your current ones then why would someone go with these? Are they better with head dissipation or something like that?

BTW I like the carbon fiber haha
Old 09-03-2010, 03:14 PM   #4
Sleeper 4x4
Super Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Super Werty's Tacoma Gallery
They are much more durable than the stock rubber hoses. And they look real nice under the hood.

I think the price is pretty good. I bet the stock hoses are almost the same price if not more.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:22 PM   #5
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
I bet you're right unfortunately. They look great. When is a good time to replace hoses?
Old 09-03-2010, 03:26 PM   #6
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
A friend of mine played a trick were he would take one of his hoses to a hose/pipe wholesaler in the area and ask "can I get one of these?", it's usually so small they give it to him for free. He did this one at a time spread across months and re-hosed his entire car. GENIUS.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:33 PM   #7
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
One, these are of a higher contruction. 3 or 4 ply. Have to find that pic. Stronger than stock. That means that they will hold up under more extreme conditions. Two, they will transmit less heat into the engine bay. Albiet a small amount. Three, they dress up the engine bay nicely.

Any type of race team or sports team will have these or a similar company's hoses on their vehicle because the stock ones just aren't up to the task. Only thing is, that these two companies are the only ones bringing radiator hoses to the Tacoma market.

Here is another pic:

Old 09-03-2010, 07:59 PM   #8
Subd for later..
TacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
TacoRun's Tacoma Gallery
Well they do look cool...
Old 09-04-2010, 02:52 AM   #9
Textbook Fucking Mental
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Damn.

I'd throw some on my I4 if they ever made em'
Old 09-04-2010, 04:37 AM   #10
KodiakVA is on a distinguished road
KodiakVA's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty sweet for the SWB owners. The price is not really that bad as I'm sure the OEM hoses are probably pretty close to that price. Pity they didn't choose Barcelona Red for the color.

EDIT: After searching around I did find that they make them in RED too! Heres a link to see the red color. They look great. http://www.streetstarauto.com/
Old 09-04-2010, 11:27 AM   #11
Tor-nication
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, they come in red, black, and blue. Pretty much match the Xrunner colors.

I myself don't have an Xrunner, but with the mods I have done to my truck, this is a must for me.

I you consider how much a set of SamcoSport radiator hoses are (if you had a vehicle that they made them for) then the price would seem reasonable.

For buying stock hoses, it would be just at half of this price.

Keeping my engine temps in check is very important to me.