Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

help with injector removal

Old 09-05-2010, 04:41 PM   #1
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
help with injector removal

I've searched but i cant find a write up on removing injectors anywhere. is there a way to remove the drivers side injectors without removing the intake manifold? btw its a 98 with a 3.4
Old 09-05-2010, 05:45 PM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Ill try can you take a picture of the engine bay
Old 09-05-2010, 06:08 PM   #5
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

im puttin a new injector in tomorrow morning and i was just wonderin if anybody knew if i could take the injectors out without removing the intake manifold. ive tried everything else i know to do swapped coil packs, new plugs, new wires, new fuel filter, changed the oil.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:19 PM   #6
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

well I know 3.4 vs 4.0 is a big difference but given that nobody else has contributed anything I bet you probably have to, at lease you have to on the 4.0
Old 09-05-2010, 08:40 PM   #7
98_mud_bug

yea everything ive read says you have to remove the intake, so major job to perform in the mornin.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:42 PM   #8

It shouldnt be too bad, also I would tape off the inlet ports, I dropped a nut into mine and spent a good hour trying to get it back with a magnent
Old 09-05-2010, 08:46 PM   #9
98_mud_bug

ha ha thanks for the advice. ive only got to change one injector. its #4. bad thing is i have to change it then drive 3 hours for work.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:13 PM   #10
csxrailfan is on a distinguished road
Army: 48th Infantry Brigade
csxrailfan's Tacoma Gallery
Injector?

How did this go for you? Did you have to take the intake off? Were you getting the ole misfire code with the engine running like crap? If so I am going through the same thing now. What brand injector did you go with and where did you pick it up from? Thanks.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:24 AM   #11
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
The injectors mount into the manifold.

You will have to remove the upper and lower intake connectors to access that fuel rail.

G