Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Water Plowing

Old 09-07-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
David63 is on a distinguished road
David63's Tacoma Gallery
Water Plowing

I have noticed that when I drive thru water in my Taco dbl cab pre-runner,the water plows right up into my windshield.(This Sux!)Anything I can do to divert it away?
Old 09-07-2010, 02:13 PM   #2
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
avoid the water
Old 09-07-2010, 02:28 PM   #3
swims with fishes
hansonian is on a distinguished road

hansonian's Tacoma Gallery
how deep of water are you going through?
Old 09-07-2010, 02:35 PM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansonian View Post
how deep of water are you going through?
x2, if the water is over the grille, there's not a whole lot you can do about it.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:47 PM   #5
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Sometimes when I take my dog for a walk and I step in his poop I get it on my shoe. What can I do to stop the poop from getting on my shoe?
Old 09-07-2010, 02:50 PM   #6
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
lol isnt it storming in san antonio pretty bad right now?
Old 09-07-2010, 02:58 PM   #7
Slaughtering goats
emtlibby will become famous soon enough
emtlibby's Tacoma Gallery
macgyver.

I am developing a poop shield that mounts to the side of your shoe. It will deflect the poop away from your shoe.. of course the poop will now hit your leg.

If I can get 100 orders, we'll do a group buy
Old 09-07-2010, 03:03 PM   #8
shocker01 is a splendid one to beholdshocker01 is a splendid one to beholdshocker01 is a splendid one to beholdshocker01 is a splendid one to beholdshocker01 is a splendid one to beholdshocker01 is a splendid one to beholdshocker01 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Gordon
shocker01's Tacoma Gallery
Poop shield mod. #1. Shield extension, Now it throws poop on the person next to you.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:04 PM   #9
Slaughtering goats
emtlibby will become famous soon enough
emtlibby's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-07-2010, 03:08 PM   #10
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David63 View Post
I have noticed that when I drive thru water in my Taco dbl cab pre-runner,the water plows right up into my windshield.(This Sux!)Anything I can do to divert it away?
Turn on your windshield wipers...
Old 09-07-2010, 03:10 PM   #11
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by shocker01 View Post
Poop shield mod. #1. Shield extension, Now it throws poop on the person next to you.
perfect. Let me know when you have this in production. I will grab the first one off the line.

...now if only we could adapt this same logic to preventing water from hitting your windshield when driving through deep water we could solve the OP's issue...I dont think its possible though.

What about coming up with some sort of motorized squeegie type arm that wipes water off your windshield?
Old 09-07-2010, 03:16 PM   #12
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
What about coming up with some sort of motorized squeegie type arm that wipes water off your windshield?
GTFO! That would be sweet!
Old 09-07-2010, 03:19 PM   #13
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
or maybe something that you put on your windshield that as soon as water hits it, it beads up and flys off real fast
Old 09-07-2010, 04:16 PM   #14
David63 is on a distinguished road
David63's Tacoma Gallery
Of course,a poop shield.Why didnt I think of that.Thanx!
Old 09-07-2010, 04:18 PM   #15
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
or maybe something that you put on your windshield that as soon as water hits it, it beads up and flys off real fast
better yet, why dont we put a layer of glass over the windshield that doesn't allow water to go through. Problem solved.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:21 PM   #16
005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed005Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
005Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Instead of a brush guard just put a snow plow on the front of your truck.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:50 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 005Tacoma View Post
Instead of a brush guard just put a snow plow on the front of your truck.

lol then you have to worry about people going through the windshield when the plow hits the water. We also need to develop some sort of "people going through windshield" inhibitor. Maybe some sort of woven canvas strap that keeps people in their seat. It would keep them strapped in. The need to be able to remove it though....Brainstorming time!
Old 09-08-2010, 09:05 AM   #19
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
LOL at this thread! Macgyver is a Genius! Give him some gum and a cats whisker!
Old 09-08-2010, 09:11 AM   #20
Chachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
Idk how many of you have seen dirt oval cars but you could always just do what they do for wind shields...just a piece of 18"x18"x1/2" plexy in front of your face and thats it. lol some even just have a piece of mesh to catch the mud.