Notices

Intake and exhaust (best combo?)

Old 07-10-2008, 01:58 PM   #1
shonuff505 is on a distinguished road
Marines: SGT - "Semper Fi" till the day i die
shonuff505's Tacoma Gallery
Intake and exhaust (best combo?)

Hello Fellow Taco Lovers!

well i have saved up and its time to get a intake and exhaust for my 05 DC Sport SR5. I do give my truck some hell(off roading) from time to time and was looking for the best bang for my buck. Is it worth it to go top of the line on both intake and exhaust, or do the cheaper mods work just as good?

all ideas and suggestions would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks fellas!
Old 07-10-2008, 03:10 PM   #2
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sea...earchid=179930

there ya go. u can get lost for hours reading on how much info there are on this subject.

happy read!
Old 07-10-2008, 06:28 PM   #3
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
yep k&n air intake and a jardine catback. its a 4.0 ltre right? then you should see some notice i said some difference in low end power
Old 07-11-2008, 03:20 AM   #4
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
aFe dry filter.You want sound? Baffled mufflers like Flowmaster is well spoken of here.Free flowing like Dynomax & magna flow are better for moving air out.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:13 AM   #5
shonuff505 is on a distinguished road
Marines: SGT - "Semper Fi" till the day i die
shonuff505's Tacoma Gallery
thanks, im gonna go with k&n air intake with the heat shield, then with a magna flow catback exhaust for now. its within my budget and i am not looking for anything super loud like flowmaster. i will post some pics when finished.

thanks again for all the help!
Old 07-11-2008, 07:17 AM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
the K&N 77 series doesnt kick in until over 3k rpm's...almost 3500...kinda not worth it
Old 07-11-2008, 07:19 AM   #7
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I like the TRD CAI.

And for exhaust, nothing beats the sound of a Flowmaster 40 Original.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:58 PM   #8
TacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoTycoon's Tacoma Gallery
yeah for intake I would recommend the TRD Intake personally, or the URD Intake is nice too (just no water crossing haha). As For Exhaust it seems magnaflow is well-spoken of when it comes to decreasing back pressure and flowmaster if you want sound. I have the 50 flow and love it.

Good Luck
Old 07-13-2008, 09:32 PM   #9
Moose
MooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: USS John Paul Jones; Gas Turbine Technician Electrical 2nd Class (SW)
MooseTX82's Tacoma Gallery
I was checking out the Flowmaster 40 or 50 series. Is there any cutting / welding involved or is it just the flange?
Old 07-18-2008, 10:44 AM   #10
TacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoTycoon's Tacoma Gallery
Well I just got my muffler cut out and the flow welded in. It's a one in two out muffler because i wanted duals
Old 08-06-2008, 09:17 PM   #11
JesseJames is on a distinguished road
JesseJames's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know anything about the Banks catback? I know it sounds great, real low and mean, but what about performance as apposed to borla or magnaflow? Thanks...
Old 08-06-2008, 10:13 PM   #12
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseTX82 View Post
I was checking out the Flowmaster 40 or 50 series. Is there any cutting / welding involved or is it just the flange?
for installing the flow 40........the old muffler needs to be cut out, and have the new flowmaster welded in. you wont need to change the whole piece of pipe, as an exhaust shop will take care of just the muffler.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:05 AM   #13
Banned
danusa will become famous soon enoughdanusa will become famous soon enough
Army: Para Ranger, Inf. SF CIB
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
I`m doing the TRD S/C and A DT Header on a 1GR 4.0 L..
Those I bought. But yet to be installed.
I have no idea of what I`m going to do after the DT headers. Flowmaster was recommended.
Cut outs are not a bad idea. I seldom go to cities.
I doubt that a rice burner makes noise; but I do but wish to drive with ear protection either.