Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

2011 Tacoma

Old 09-11-2010, 12:32 AM   #1
Hikerfam is on a distinguished road
Hikerfam's Tacoma Gallery
Question 2011 Tacoma

So my wife is insisting on getting a truck, well I told her the only brand I will buy is Toyota, we have decided to save a massive down payment and buy a 2011 Tacoma next spring. Tell me what you think! we dont having anything that needs to be towed, I want to just lift it maybe 3" or 4" TRD beadlock wheels,skid plate etc. I decided to go with the 2.7L 5MT combo, mainly for fuel economy, I do live at the base of MT.Hood so my question is..Will the 2.7 deliver enough power for us? loaded with camping gear ETC, since we have endless hills and mountains. I just have no use for the 4.0L which is an awesome engine. Yes it will be the 4x4 access cab and SR5 package. I just need something reliable and do what is necessary..mild trails and occasional wheelin, but mainly a camping/backpacking hauler. I know alot of people with the 2.7L and thier rigs do great around here. I will upgrade it after a while,bull bar,winch,rack rails etc. So I guess my question is really the 2.7L or the 4.0L
Old 09-11-2010, 12:37 AM   #2
oh yeah, and I will want to do a header and full exhaust,AFE intake. Possibly a snorkel
Old 09-11-2010, 12:39 AM   #3
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
2.7 should do fine.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:12 AM   #4
if say I did a 3" rough country lift, and rode on 32s would I need to re gear it? I wouldnt think I would since its not much of a difference from factory. My buddy lifted is FJ with the rough Country 3" was easy as hell and it worked out great.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:55 AM   #5
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
If you could only first drive the V-6 with the hydrulic brake booster (available only on the Off Road 4WDs) that gives you 'unreal' traction in 4-High with TRAC, and unbelievable traction in 4-Low with A-TRAC... then your mind will be made... That is, if you are serious about going into the wild with the finest mid-size truck made!
Old 09-11-2010, 09:33 AM   #6
K Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shedK Williams is one of the sharper tools in the shed
K Williams's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to K Williams
Question

Are any companies making stainless steel cat-back exhaust systems for 2011 model yet? I sent Banks a few e-mails with no response as of yet.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:54 AM   #7
Hi-Tech Rednek
::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
::childstoy::'s Tacoma Gallery
I'd go for the 4.0L. Thats just IMO though, it seems like everyday I read a post from someone who thought the 2.7 would be enough but now they are looking for mods to give them more HP.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:55 AM   #8
Hi-Tech Rednek
::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
::childstoy::'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by K Williams View Post
Are any companies making stainless steel cat-back exhaust systems for 2011 model yet? I sent Banks a few e-mails with no response as of yet.
It should be the same for the 05-10's I would think...
Old 09-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #9
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Go with the v6 if you can afford it. In the mountains, you're going to be kicking yourself and begging for more power. I live at about a mile high here in Montana, and I have a buddy with the 4cyl. He hates it up here powerwise.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:00 AM   #10
Eurosport has a spectacular aura aboutEurosport has a spectacular aura about
Eurosport's Tacoma Gallery
it's all relative imo the 4.0 is underpowered for the truck mountain passes most noticeable...