Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

27,000 mile checkup. what do i need?

Old 09-12-2010, 09:05 PM   #1
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
27,000 mile checkup. what do i need?

i know it's not a huge milestone for mileage or use on the truck, but i'm almost at 27,000 miles and my oil light came on tonight on my way home. i'm taking the truck to the shop tomorrow for an oil and filter change obviously. but should i get any other fluids replaced? is there anything i need to keep my eye on or should be aware of? i'm still fairly new to this truck, so i don't know all the in's and out's of everything. i'd appreciate any input, thanks.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:10 PM   #2
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
30,000 miles is the biggie... bring money! Never let the oil light come on... shame!

Oil changes every 5,000 miles... (I do it closer to 3,000)... moderate service at 15,000 mile intervals and major service/ tune up at 30,000 mile intervals. Tranny flush at 100,000.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:16 PM   #3
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
30,000 miles is the biggie... bring money! Never let the oil light come on... shame!

Oil changes every 5,000 miles... (I do it closer to 3,000)... moderate service at 15,000 mile intervals and major service/ tune up at 30,000 mile intervals. Tranny flush at 100,000.
haha, i've known for a week or so that i needed oil, i just have been pretty tied up. but from what you're saying, i just need the oil and filter changed for now? then at 30,000 miles i will need...what?
Old 09-12-2010, 09:36 PM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
I would go
Old 09-13-2010, 05:08 AM   #6
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
The read "oil can" light came on or the yellow "Maint Reqd" light came on?

Plugs @ 30K on the 2006? I swear I read 100K for my 08 on the plugs.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:32 AM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
I would go
Wait, is that... your Owner's Manual??? Who woulda guessed?
Old 09-13-2010, 10:09 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
The read "oil can" light came on or the yellow "Maint Reqd" light came on?

Plugs @ 30K on the 2006? I swear I read 100K for my 08 on the plugs.
i had the "maint reqd" light come on. if the oil can one comes on, you need to get oil asap. the "maint reqd" is less serious, more like a warning i guess.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:13 AM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosupreme54 View Post
i had the "maint reqd" light come on. if the oil can one comes on, you need to get oil asap. the "maint reqd" is less serious, more like a warning i guess.
The maint. req'd light starts blinking about 4,900 (? can't remember exact mileage) miles after it was last reset and comes on steady every 5,000 miles after it was reset. I'm not sure if any engine sensors trip it or not, someone else will have to speak to that.

If the red light comes on, I would imagine you've already done some damage to your truck's engine.