1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

engine idling high??

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by carey1465, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Sep 14, 2010 at 4:37 PM
    carey1465

carey1465 [OP] Member

Member:
    atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma SR5 TRD Sport
    I just bought my first Tacoma (2008,4x4, crewcab, TRD sport) and I just wanted to pick other Tacomas owners brains. When I go ahead and crank up the Tacoma after its been sitting overnight and put it into reverse or drive the truck lunges. Not really really bad but enough for me to notice. So I brought it to my local dealer and told them whats going on and 2hrs later they came back and said I had some kind of transmission bolts loose. Well a few weeks later and this is still going on. The dealer said they were going to mail me the paperwork that states the problem I came in with and how they corrected it but I havent seen it yet. I'm just wondering if they told me that just to shut me up or maybe its just common for a Tacoma to go into gear like that after its been sitting.

Thanks y'all,

Kris:mudding:

2. Sep 14, 2010 at 4:48 PM
    SagWagon

SagWagon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Geoff
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD OR
    My '10 was lurching forward when I put it into gear too. I brought it in to have them chop my gas pedal for the safety recall, and apparently they apply updates to the ECU as well. There is some sort of transmission fix in the updates, because my shifting is much smoother after the recall work was done. I read other posts here where people said their shifting was fixed after the recall too.

3. Sep 23, 2010 at 6:49 PM
    08 TRD TACO

08 TRD TACO New Member

Member:
    fontana
    Vehicle:
    08 trd silver tacoma
    I have have the same problem with my 08' tacoma. but it usually happens when the truck in inclined. any word from the dealer yet??????

Products Discussed in

To Top