LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Those who participated in the AFE group buy

Old 07-12-2008, 02:34 PM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed it earlier today and only drove it for.....3 miles at most.

It does have a bit of better throttle response - however - I don't think the throttle response in an Auto would be as good as it would be in a manual (atleast from my experience in my 96 manaul w/ K&N).

I'm looking forward to seeing gas mileage results. I have 1/2 tank right now. I'm gonna run this out to the end and hope the computer will have adjusted itself by then. After the next full tank is complete, I'll get a better idea.

But damn...the OEM air filter was 2" thick!!! This AFE is only about 1" thick.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:46 PM   #3
Chomag will become famous soon enough
Chomag's Tacoma Gallery
I was wondering how its been going for you guys as well since I'm about to pull the trigger on either a CAI or go with the raved AFE drop in.

I am really curious if it has changed the sound of your engines any?
Old 07-13-2008, 08:05 PM   #6
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
But damn...the OEM air filter was 2" thick!!! This AFE is only about 1" thick.
I noticed that too. I thought I'd save the OEM in the same ziploc bag the AFE came in. But it wouldn't zip closed.

I, too, have only driven it for about 3 miles since installing, so no real news to announce yet.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:09 PM   #7
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
i havent noticed anything yet.. we'll see when i fill it up tomorrow afternoon. i got it mainly just to avoid purchasing an air filter over n over again.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:15 AM   #8
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
I am really curious if it has changed the sound of your engines any?
No sound change..... atleast, not that I've noticed.

If you're looking for more horsepower (so to speak), the drop-in filters really aren't the way to go.

I got this AFE only to save a bit on gas and because its washable. The extra pep is nice...but...I wouldn't consider that a horsepower improvement.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:47 PM   #9
Motorshooter
Motorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of light

Navy: IC2 SS
Motorshooter's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone noticed an increase in their MPG yet?
Old 10-23-2008, 02:47 AM   #10
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorshooter View Post
Has anyone noticed an increase in their MPG yet?
Nope..... I could say between 1/2 & 1mpg - but that's just not enough in my oppinion (too much variation in driving) to consider it related to the AFE.

Products Discussed in this Thread