Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

AFE PRO DRY-S

Old 09-15-2010, 08:11 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Did you not read the directions in the box?
Old 09-15-2010, 08:14 PM   #3
Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Black Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I believe you use a mild dish detergent and air dry. Haven't had to clean mine yet and hid my directions so when I needed it, I couldn't find it.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:16 PM   #5
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Taco View Post
I believe you use a mild dish detergent and air dry. Haven't had to clean mine yet and hid my directions so when I needed it, I couldn't find it.
yah mine is durty durty from swamp ghost some how and my engine
Old 09-15-2010, 08:17 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
The directions say shake clean, vacuum clean or the best way which is wash in mild detergent/cleaning kit.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:19 PM   #7
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
The directions say shake clean, vacuum clean or wash in mild detergent/cleaning kit.
oh why thankyou sir. maybe i got directions for a oiled filter.so blowing it from the inside with an air compressor wouldnt be good?
Old 09-15-2010, 08:19 PM   #8
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
oh why thankyou sir. maybe i got directions for a oiled filter.so blowing it from the inside with an air compressor wouldnt be good?
I wouldn't.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:36 AM   #10
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
no dont do that! using an air compressor will blow holes directly through the filter, which is what you dont want
Old 09-16-2010, 12:40 AM   #11
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
directions are on the AFE website. http://afepower.com/faq.php
It states how to do it with the cleaning kit but you can skip the kit part and just use the brush to get the big debris out then pour water through it from the clean side to the dirty side until the water is clear. it will still appear dirty because it is stained but as long as the water is clear its clean.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:57 AM   #12
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
I gotta clean mine too! Thanks for the reminder!
Old 09-30-2010, 03:24 PM   #13
gunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant future

gunner_20's Tacoma Gallery
So...you just run tap water through it until its clear then let it dry? You dont need the cleaning kit from aFe unless you just want to blow money, correct?
Old 09-30-2010, 03:26 PM   #14
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner_20 View Post
So...you just run tap water through it until its clear then let it dry? You dont need the cleaning kit from aFe unless you just want to blow money, correct?
I bought the cleaning kit and the filter looks new every time I use it. I haven't washed it without the kit.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:29 PM   #15
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner_20 View Post
That's how I feel about it. It's easy enough to clean with water and a mild detergent. Let it air dry, and wha-la...done.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:24 AM   #16
csg8449 has much to be proud ofcsg8449 has much to be proud ofcsg8449 has much to be proud ofcsg8449 has much to be proud ofcsg8449 has much to be proud ofcsg8449 has much to be proud ofcsg8449 has much to be proud ofcsg8449 has much to be proud of
Navy: VA-153  USS Oriskany
Name: Steve
csg8449's Tacoma Gallery
AFE Pro dry installation

Steve,
I've checked our data base and could not find a picture of the filter installed into the air box. It will install exactly like the OE filter. Just make sure the seal is fully seated in the intake box before sealing the box closed. I could only find a picture of the oem filter installed. I am very sorry if this is not much of help. Let me know if you have any questions.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, October 02, 2010 7:01 PM
To: tech@afepower.com
Subject: A visitor has a Technical Support question for aFePower.com
Old 10-04-2010, 12:03 PM   #17
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I bought the cleaning solution.....because I wanted to. I think it's primarily for the CAI filters (larger filters) because I got a huge bottle of it and probably won't need it.

You could use a mild soap & water.

I highly recommend keeping your stock air filter. Put the stock air filter in your truck while you clean the AFE and allow it to dry overnight.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:29 PM   #18
Bonnie2011 will become famous soon enoughBonnie2011 will become famous soon enough
Name: Libby
Bonnie2011's Tacoma Gallery
That is the BEST PLACE ... I have te same theory about those kinda things.