Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Did I do this right?

Old 09-19-2010, 05:41 PM   #1
vegetopia is a splendid one to beholdvegetopia is a splendid one to beholdvegetopia is a splendid one to beholdvegetopia is a splendid one to beholdvegetopia is a splendid one to beholdvegetopia is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jamie
vegetopia's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to vegetopia Send a message via MSN to vegetopia
Did I do this right?

Seemed like all the write-ups for the DeckPlate mod were for the v6, so when it came to my smaller 2.7L air box, there was necessity for a bit of invention. So, how does this look?

Seemed like the most logical place to put it, so that's where I put it.

I also decided to cut off the intake neck that goes into the air box as it seemed like it would just be getting in the way of incoming airflow through the deck plate. Hope that was a wise thing to do.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:52 PM   #2
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good to me
Old 09-19-2010, 05:52 PM   #3
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Looks good to me. I know that it makes the engine sound better and a bit quicker.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:59 PM   #4
vegetopia is a splendid one to beholdvegetopia is a splendid one to beholdvegetopia is a splendid one to beholdvegetopia is a splendid one to beholdvegetopia is a splendid one to beholdvegetopia is a splendid one to behold

well cool, thanks for the reassurance.

I've got an AFE Pro-Dry S filter coming this week, so it should be pretty nice.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:10 PM   #5
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
looks good to me
Old 09-19-2010, 06:18 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Thats exactly how I did it to my 2.7
Old 09-19-2010, 06:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Thats exactly how I did it to my 2.7
awesome, thanks for that. :thumbup: