Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

I need to swap, rebuild or get a new transmission. 2006 DC SB PreRunner Sport

Old 09-19-2010, 11:51 PM   #1
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
I need to swap, rebuild or get a new transmission. 2006 DC SB PreRunner Sport

Alright TW,
Here it is... bottom line I need to get another transmission. Mine is slipping after experiencing the same symptoms that other Tacomains have mentioned on this site.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...06-tacoma.html
In my quest to find another transmission, do I need to find the same year model transmission? Will a 2009 work as long as its a V6/Auto? What if its from an OFF-ROAD (PreRunner) model instead of the Sport PreRunner that I have?
Here is what it was doing...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8qR-J7RLJU
Had the transmission serviced. The vibrations are gone and so is the hard shifting, BUT I now have a gear that skips.
Here is that video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb-7eYlWYIE
I'm in left field here and need to know what to look for when I'm out looking for a replacement. I'm under the impression that it would be easier for me to have a shop replace one rather than rebuild it. I'm sure I'll have to do another transmission drain, flush and refill service on the other one with the WS fluid. Other than that TW, anything else?

Got any connections? Let me know. I too emailed Toyota about their so-called "Sealed Transmissions." Just like in that thread linked above, I was told it was sealed and didn't require servicing. Big Mistake! Black WS Fluid instead of pink along with little metal shaving at the bottom. No Bueno! I doubt Toyota will reply with positive news but I still did it anyways. Others with 60K or 85K miles on their transmission now will have an opportunity to change out their fluid before its too late.

Thanks TW.
Albert