Notices

Headers!

Old 10-01-2010, 04:59 PM   #1
DirtLifeTaco will become famous soon enough
Navy: Aviation Ordnance
Name: Justin
DirtLifeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Headers!

Want to know JBA's or Doug Thorleys? Best buy for the money???
Old 10-01-2010, 05:12 PM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
doug thorley best bang for your buck
Old 10-07-2010, 11:48 PM   #3
RADTACO68 is on a distinguished road
Name: Rox
RADTACO68's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought doug thorley ceramic headers! Lot cheaper and way better than jba
Old 10-08-2010, 12:30 AM   #5
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Leadgolem's Tacoma Gallery
The doug thorley headers are tri-y. The JBA stick all the pipes together all at once. The JBA Headers are stainless steel. The doug thorley's are mild steel, not a real problem if you get the ceramic coating though.

On balance, I'd go with the doug thorley headers. Better flow design IMO. If I was buying them I'd prefer stainless steel, but the ceramic coating available will probably do almost as well in terms of corrosion. Plus, they are cheaper.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:24 AM   #6
Bobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant future

Army: C Co, 2nd Bat 75th Inf
Name: Bobo
Bobo_1's Tacoma Gallery
Just got DT LT. DT seems to be the way to go and URD sells both DT and JBA in the short tube but only DT in the LT for my year and model which would be the same for you.

I am in the middle of installing them. Quality appears to be there for fit and ceramic coating. I am happy with what I got considering I only really had one choice for LT.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:31 AM   #7
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
with the long tubes you'll feel the gain in the mid-high rpm range, especially if you get a tune, and they sound straight beast
Old 10-20-2010, 01:25 AM   #8
kauai808boy is on a distinguished road

kauai808boy's Tacoma Gallery
ive seen dt and jba shorty headers with stock exhaust and then after with flowmaster super 40 series run on a dyno and there not that much of difference in torque and hp even wen they changed the exhaust to a flowmaster there was only a 4 hp gain from stock exhaust. so i think it doesn't really matter wat kind of brand of headers u get because they basically all do the same thing give more smoother output flow of air with less restriction i think u go with headers and exhaust mainly for the sound

if u want a big difference go with different piston or a shaved head for higher compression or supercharger
Old 11-01-2010, 01:05 PM   #9
ikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud of

Marines: 3rd Force Reconnaissance Company
Name: Andrew
ikillterrorists's Tacoma Gallery
How much louder do Doug Thorley headers make your truck sound, from inside the cab? I have a Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust and one in a while the volume starts getting to me...will DT's be much louder than this???
Old 11-02-2010, 12:09 AM   #10
RADTACO68 is on a distinguished road
Name: Rox
RADTACO68's Tacoma Gallery
Prob wouldn't notice a big difference unless u are running a cold air intake.just realy up to u how much noise u like!
Old 11-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #11
ikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud of

Marines: 3rd Force Reconnaissance Company
Name: Andrew
ikillterrorists's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I have a CAI...I love the sound of it, a lot more than the sound of the exhaust. Actually I'm kinda bummed sometimes because the exhaust overpowers the CAI sound!