Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

LS1 or ?

Old 10-04-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
Taco Member
Sky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud of

Marines: 1371 Combat Engineer
Name: Brandon
Sky's Tacoma Gallery
LS1 or ?

Im thinking about putting an LS1 or a V-8 of some sort in my truck.... so i just want to know the pros and cons, about that!!! what do I need and what not? Or if not a V8.... WHAT?
Old 10-04-2010, 02:15 PM   #5
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Doooooooo it
Old 10-04-2010, 02:25 PM   #7
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
What previous projects have you undertaken?

This is not a small or easy task and you truck will most likely be laid up for 6 month to a year at best.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:45 PM   #8
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
ls1 are awesome, but the wiring makes my head dizzy
Old 10-04-2010, 02:46 PM   #9
Chachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
In the bed...? or under the hood...
Old 10-04-2010, 02:47 PM   #10
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
What previous projects have you undertaken?

This is not a small or easy task and you truck will most likely be laid up for 6 month to a year at best.

X2....
If you have to ask what you need in order to do it, you probably shouldn't be doing it.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:47 PM   #11
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachie View Post
In the bed...? or under the hood...
maybe bed to make it like a bugatti
Old 10-04-2010, 02:56 PM   #12
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
search.. your not the first to ask, and the majority if not all have changed their minds. read a little then post..
Old 10-04-2010, 04:01 PM   #13
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Im gonna put a jet engine in mine.....I can do it.....I have a plier.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:02 PM   #14
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post

What he said.

Seriously though, this gets old. It seems like every other week some kid is going to swap the latest Vette engine into his Taco during his free time on a Saturday afternoon...if only we'd tell him what size ratchet he needs.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:11 PM   #15
Proud to be Awesome
Twiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: U.S.S. San Jacinto (CG-56)
Twiget's Tacoma Gallery
I did an LS3 swap about a year ago, it was a piece of cake.

Swapped from my LS3 powered Corvette to the 1GR-FE in my Taco.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:56 PM   #16
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Im gonna put a jet engine in mine.....I can do it.....I have a plier.
Don't forget one of dem fancy left handed screwdrivers....
Old 10-04-2010, 07:57 PM   #17
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
Don't forget one of dem fancy left handed screwdrivers....
..crap.....So I gotta return my Metric ones?
Old 10-04-2010, 08:06 PM   #18
CUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of light

CUtigerfan's Tacoma Gallery
send it to these guys.
http://www.dieseltoyz.com/
Old 10-04-2010, 08:13 PM   #19
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Leadgolem's Tacoma Gallery
If your actually interested in a diesel swap, take a look here.
http://www.toyotadiesel.com/

I'm not actually sure that an ls1 would even fit in the engine case. If you want more power I'd think about buying a supercharger .http://www.earnhardttoyotaparts.com/...j-crui406.html
Old 10-05-2010, 01:26 AM   #20
Taco Member
Sky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud of

Marines: 1371 Combat Engineer
Name: Brandon
Sky's Tacoma Gallery
Well I've swapped my race truck 22re. For a 2JZ... about two years ago... and loved it... the LS1would be a year project... seeing since my truck only has 45000 miles on it... I'm talking about if I buy just the block. What all do I need for it... I'm going to fab the cross members and mounts... I know old motors but I want to keep it fuel injected. And every where I've looked I've seen people do it... but most of there things show..... heres the motor and than all of a sudden it in the truck all nice neat and pretty... so just asking what should i do...

And I did think about putting a 4BT... mini cummings in it... but that a lot of weight... and if I want to do long travel... there no way it would work right