Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

AFE stage 2 si install pics

Old 10-05-2010, 02:21 PM   #1
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
AFE stage 2 si install pics

Can anyone please post pics of their afe stage 2 si box installed? I need to know if itd fit with my setup. Also, how able am i to move the placement of the box?

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #3
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Here yah go...

Not sure what you mean about moving your box.

What is your setup???
Old 10-05-2010, 05:59 PM   #4
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

this is my setup. I dont think the box will fit in the designed location, so I would have to move some things around.
Attached Thumbnails
AFE stage 2 si install pics-dscn0589.jpg  
Old 10-05-2010, 06:07 PM   #5
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
I think you would have to modify the box, but I believe the intake tube wouldn't hit on your engine cage.

Also for your info I think you have a coilover growing into your engine bay
Old 10-05-2010, 06:09 PM   #6
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
this is my setup. I dont think the box will fit in the designed location, so I would have to move some things around.
Wow, that's interesting.

Hmmm, where is your stock intake getting its air from now? Maybe you can run an inlet tube to the fender, and just run an AFE pro dry filter in the stock location. This way you get cooler air, and the benefits of a dry filter.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:13 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
I'd run a flex hose to the stock inlet location.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:17 PM   #8
Rock Solid Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I'd run a flex hose to the stock inlet location.
thats not possible, it would have to be extremely pinched and restrict flow
Old 10-05-2010, 06:22 PM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Maybe modify the stock box so the inlet is pointing toward the back then run said hose to the stock location. I'm just trying to save you from buying a $300 intake that you maybe have hack up.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:26 PM   #10
Rock Solid Toy

yeah I hear that. I will probably end up doing a full custom enclosure. But I'll still need a CAI to build it around.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:28 PM   #11
Rock Solid Toy

what about rotating the box so it sits up and down? would it clear the hood?
Old 10-05-2010, 06:30 PM   #12
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
what about rotating the box so it sits up and down? would it clear the hood?
I dont think so unless you cut the box and remade it, even then you would have no access to the filter unless you take the box out.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:34 PM   #13
Enjoying my addiction

Lightbulb URD TCAI!!!

Quote:
I would go this route. After looking at that pic for a while, you will never really be able to run an aftermarket CAI, I.e. TRD/AFE/Volant, without hacking it all up and deleting the effects of a CAI.

The URD TCAI is routed toward the grille. This will be your best bet. Only reason I did not go this route was because I didn't want to hack into my grille area... But you on the other hand need to fab anyways. Soo, I say go for it. It's Cheaper than AFE, and lots of Taco owners stand by it's performance gains.

Contact Gadget at URD, you wont regret it
Old 10-05-2010, 06:39 PM   #14
Rock Solid Toy

problem is its in the grill, and will suck up water all day. I need something that goes to the fender. A standard CAI will hook up to my throttle body and run past my strut tower and end up right by the fender, then its just a matter of boxing it in. Ideally the AFE would fit some way some how (on its side?) and then its plug and play. Otherwise I have to fab up a box, which in the end will be cleaner, and more water tight, but more work and more $$.

fuck it
Old 10-05-2010, 07:23 PM   #15
Banned
I'd still rework the stock filter housing so the opening faces the other way.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:14 PM   #16
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
problem is its in the grill, and will suck up water all day. I need something that goes to the fender. A standard CAI will hook up to my throttle body and run past my strut tower and end up right by the fender, then its just a matter of boxing it in. Ideally the AFE would fit some way some how (on its side?) and then its plug and play. Otherwise I have to fab up a box, which in the end will be cleaner, and more water tight, but more work and more $$.

fuck it
Make a custom snorkel... If you get creative... That would probably fit you best...
Old 10-06-2010, 08:04 AM   #17
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Might consider running a duct to the fender, then attach a cone filter to the duct inside the fender itself. Not sure how much room is in the fender for a filter though. Just a thought