Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

AFE pro dry S filter?

Old 07-19-2008, 10:27 PM   #1
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
AFE pro dry S filter?

Ive had a K&N cold aire intake for awhile now. And In starting to hate it, for one I hate the oil base filters. I looked in side the throttle body today and noticed it was dirty, almost as dirty as when I first bought the truck, when it was never cleaned after 90k miles. So ive been looking online and cant really find where I can bye a AFE pro dry S filter to replace my K&N. Can someone help me out...please! thanks guys.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:55 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Here's one, but wasn't there a group buy for the 05+ boys?

https://www.shopatron.com/product/pr...31-10013/534.0
Old 07-19-2008, 11:09 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
Ive had a K&N cold aire intake for awhile now. And In starting to hate it, for one I hate the oil base filters. I looked in side the throttle body today and noticed it was dirty, almost as dirty as when I first bought the truck, when it was never cleaned after 90k miles. So ive been looking online and cant really find where I can bye a AFE pro dry S filter to replace my K&N. Can someone help me out...please! thanks guys.
hey man, try the afe site and see if there is a replacement filter thats the same dimensions as the k and n.......you may have to email them, but you'd have a cool hybrid kand n/afe intake.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:11 PM   #4
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, there was. And that is the OE replacement, I need a round tappered filter, that will fit onto my K&N tubing. It has a 3in. Inside flange Dia.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:13 PM   #5

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah... I will check it out. Ive been looking at there site. But ill take a look again. thanks!
Old 07-19-2008, 11:15 PM   #6
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Yeah... I will check it out. Ive been looking at there site. But ill take a look again. thanks!
i guarantee you that they have one, because they are making some of their cai's using the pro dry s filter. guarantee you they got one same size as the k&n..........let me know what ya find man!
Old 07-19-2008, 11:49 PM   #7

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I found one man, they did have one. I just ordered it. I cant wait to put it on! thanks again.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:52 PM   #8

Quote:
I found one man, they did have one. I just ordered it. I cant wait to put it on! thanks again.
friggin sweet man!!! post up a pic soon as you get it installed!!!
Old 07-20-2008, 02:04 PM   #10

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Ive been reading up on the AFE, and im really glad I decided to get it and get rid of K&N. But Im wondering if I will get the same performance with I keep my K&N tubing, or if I should just get the whole AFE cai system? hmmm...
Old 07-20-2008, 02:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Ive been reading up on the AFE, and im really glad I decided to get it and get rid of K&N. But Im wondering if I will get the same performance with I keep my K&N tubing, or if I should just get the whole AFE cai system? hmmm...
performance should be about the same or a little better.....better flow and cleaning abilities from the filter, with the tube.......no difference really, still probably better flow than the stock pipe. you made a good choice man. you gotta remember......a cai benefits come in the upper rpm's. if you had the stock airbox and did the deck plate mod and had an afe pro dry s drop in filter.....results would be better, as the deck plate mod has been dynoed, but since you already have the k&n setup, just use it.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:41 PM   #12

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, your right. It should do just fine. Now im getting ancey! I want it in now!
Old 07-20-2008, 04:58 PM   #13

Quote:
yeah, your right. It should do just fine. Now im getting ancey! I want it in now!
have patience young grasshoppa!!!!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:15 PM   #15

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Just got my AFE pro dry S filter today, got home from work and put it on. It sounds and feels great! I can feel a bit more power now, atleast more then my K&N had. Im so glad I decided to go with this filter. I will be doing a MPG test soon next time I fill up.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:21 PM   #16

Quote:
Just got my AFE pro dry S filter today, got home from work and put it on. It sounds and feels great! I can feel a bit more power now, atleast more then my K&N had. Im so glad I decided to go with this filter. I will be doing a MPG test soon next time I fill up.
awesome.....gonna get mine very soon!!!
Old 07-26-2008, 10:02 PM   #18

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, it was. it got here in like 4 or 5 days. It fit perfectly on my K&N tubing too.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:36 AM   #19
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
yeah, it was. it got here in like 4 or 5 days. It fit perfectly on my K&N tubing too.
Very nice. I was hoping to have mine by now.The guy I've been talking to has produced nothing.Time to talk to someone else.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:28 AM   #20
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
You mind posting part #'s for the AFE as well as which K&N intake which might save others some time wanting to do the same swap?