Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Sway Bar Removed

Old 10-06-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
fishinsteeg234 is on a distinguished road

Name: Alex
fishinsteeg234's Tacoma Gallery
Sway Bar Removed

so i removed my sway bar today in about 45min. easier than i was expecting. My pro-comp 3" lift rides a little rough, but after removing my sway bar i could feel a difference in the front handling. I think its really going to help loosen up my suspension feel. taking swerves at about 45mph i could only feel a little droop. but, ive only had this way for a day.

anybody else removed their sway bar? what are your pros and cons to this move? please chime in
Old 10-06-2010, 05:31 PM   #2
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
more sway for offroading, but also more sway on road... im running no sway bar on factory shocks and springs with lift spindles and can tell that i dont have it on but its still very driveable
Old 10-08-2010, 11:23 AM   #3
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Its awsome for going offroading but after awhile your innner side of the front tire is going to start to wear down fast and you need to redo your alignment I would put it back on. You should look at quick disconnect links it let's you have a sway bar but you can diconnect the links and good for offroading
Old 10-12-2010, 03:45 PM   #4
fishinsteeg234 is on a distinguished road

Name: Alex
fishinsteeg234's Tacoma Gallery
Decided to keep the sway bar off and not looking back. I'm much happier with the handling after removing the bar. articulation is way better and bumps and potholes aren't nearly as rough as before. i recommend this move to anyone who feels their front suspension is too stiff and bumps feel quite jolting, removing the sway bar just might be the solution. give it a shot, if ya dont like it just throw it back on.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:06 AM   #5
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Have u looked at the quick disconnects my buddy has it on his jeep its nice to have if you wana go offroad and still have the sway bar without removing it
Old 10-13-2010, 09:08 AM   #6
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
do they make them for our applications?
Old 10-13-2010, 09:17 AM   #7
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice

I think so I forgot which company makes them but I haven't had time lately but eventually I wana make custom ones its looks simple