1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2010 4.0 Supercharger Serpentine Belt

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by novakills, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Oct 7, 2010 at 12:39 PM
    novakills

novakills [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tampa FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner TRD Sport
    TRD CAI, debadged, TRD exhaust, bed d-ring mod, rubber bed mat, 6000K Bi-xenon headlights, 3000K HID foglights, Redline Tuning QuickLIFT PLUS Hood Struts, 2" Toytec AAL w/Bilstein 5100s, 1" aluminum tapered leaf spring spacer, Eibach 1.6" lift coils on Bilstein 5100s set at .85 with Light Racing UCAs, 10% tinted windows, 285/70/17 Toyo Open Country A/T, Pioneer MVH-X560BT,TRD Supercharger, Grillcraft Black MX upper and lower grill, RAAMmat Sound Deadening, Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine Series I61-2 in rear doors, Hybrid Audio Technolgies Legatia L6 and L1V2 in front doors running through Hybrid Audio Legatia L2X crossovers, JL Audio 13TW5 in a bedlined Mr. Marv enclosure, Zed Audio Leviathan Amp on a bedlined Mr. Marv amp rack, DTLT Exhaust Headers w/O2 simulators, full LED lighting interior and exterior, OEM roof racks
    So my SC Serp Belt has been showing cracks for a while. I would like to replace with a Gates Racing belt (the blue will look cool and it will hopefully be much more durable). Anyone have any advice on procuring a belt to replace the TRD Dayco 5PK1790. Not asking how to perform the physical swap, just where to acquire an upgraded replacement.

2. Oct 7, 2010 at 12:49 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    I went through the same crap and couldn't find any, I just have 2 of the trd belts in the truck. Mine started cracking after 3k and its 9k now ready for a replacement badly.

3. Oct 7, 2010 at 12:57 PM
    monte1985

monte1985 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stan
    Lancaster NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl Cab 4.0 S/C
    Supercharger, Magnaflow Exhaust. Audio System . Gauges TRD CAI
    mines been doing the same thing. 2nd belt on the truck and the dealer replaced mine for free cause i complained about it . only have 15000mi on my truck and its an 09 and the dealer put the supercharger on .

4. Oct 7, 2010 at 1:35 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    Ive heard they need replacing every 10k

5. Oct 7, 2010 at 1:42 PM
    outlaw7

outlaw7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    PacNorWest
    Vehicle:
    2010 trd sport
    a lot of the guys on xru run these Goodyear 4050705 Gatorback Poly V-Belt and i plan on having one as a backup here in the near future. you can get them on Amazon

6. Oct 18, 2010 at 6:06 AM
    virgilus11

virgilus11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    kearny, nj
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5
    TRD supercharger,EMU 884 springs, 90000 shocks, air bags rear and TSB with EMU shocks, grillcraft mesh, Relentless front bumper,Armology rear bumper, byxenon hid's retro ,undercover lid with bike rack on top, Kenwood dnx9140,TRD cover seats
    The original one lasted about 10 k's and needed a quick change.

I went to a local Autoparts and they ordered the Gator (aprox $20). Over 15 k's latter and the belt looks like new. Go to a local parts store not Autozone or any chain (franchise) store,, with the # thats written in the back of your belt.
    Usually they know theirs job better.

One thing I read about the racing belts- They have a better grip because they are softer but they will not last as long as a regular belt. The guys that are racing ,, they changing theirs belt after each race. Where we, are looking to get as long is possible out of it

Products Discussed in

To Top