Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

2010 4.0 Supercharger Serpentine Belt

Old 10-07-2010, 12:39 PM   #1
novakills has a spectacular aura aboutnovakills has a spectacular aura about

Name: scott
novakills's Tacoma Gallery
2010 4.0 Supercharger Serpentine Belt

So my SC Serp Belt has been showing cracks for a while. I would like to replace with a Gates Racing belt (the blue will look cool and it will hopefully be much more durable). Anyone have any advice on procuring a belt to replace the TRD Dayco 5PK1790. Not asking how to perform the physical swap, just where to acquire an upgraded replacement.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:49 PM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
I went through the same crap and couldn't find any, I just have 2 of the trd belts in the truck. Mine started cracking after 3k and its 9k now ready for a replacement badly.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:57 PM   #3
monte1985 is a jewel in the roughmonte1985 is a jewel in the roughmonte1985 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Stan
monte1985's Tacoma Gallery
mines been doing the same thing. 2nd belt on the truck and the dealer replaced mine for free cause i complained about it . only have 15000mi on my truck and its an 09 and the dealer put the supercharger on .
Old 10-07-2010, 01:35 PM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Ive heard they need replacing every 10k
Old 10-07-2010, 01:42 PM   #5
outlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FO on the OP
Name: Brandon
outlaw7's Tacoma Gallery
a lot of the guys on xru run these Goodyear 4050705 Gatorback Poly V-Belt and i plan on having one as a backup here in the near future. you can get them on amazon
Old 10-18-2010, 06:06 AM   #6
virgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
virgilus11's Tacoma Gallery
The original one lasted about 10 k's and needed a quick change.

I went to a local Autoparts and they ordered the Gator (aprox $20). Over 15 k's latter and the belt looks like new. Go to a local parts store not Autozone or any chain (franchise) store,, with the # thats written in the back of your belt.
Usually they know theirs job better.

One thing I read about the racing belts- They have a better grip because they are softer but they will not last as long as a regular belt. The guys that are racing ,, they changing theirs belt after each race. Where we, are looking to get as long is possible out of it