Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

People running 4.88 gears

Old 10-12-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
taco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nice
Name: Austin
taco_man's Tacoma Gallery
People running 4.88 gears

What rpm range are you at when your doing 60 mph on your speedometer?
Old 10-12-2010, 04:14 PM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
ya op you might want to add what size tires lol
Old 10-12-2010, 05:03 PM   #3
taco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nicetaco_man is just really nice
That's what I'm running with my 37s I just thought it seems a little high. I hope it will go down when I go to 40s
Old 10-12-2010, 05:09 PM   #4
The gear chart says it will be closer to stock configuration
Old 10-12-2010, 06:12 PM   #5
I just don't know how my truck will look with 11 inches of lift and 37s
Old 10-12-2010, 08:14 PM   #6
I want to run the swamped m16 since that's what I'm running now and it lasts forever on the road and is great in the mud but I'm gonna have to ditch the 18s and going to 20s or 17s if I want to go to the 40
Old 12-26-2010, 01:06 PM   #7
No not yet. I switched to the fabtech lift because my spindle lift was arough ride. But I should by spring time. Quick question how are you clearing your 37s? I'm having a little trouble with my 2.5 inch coils with the 6 inch drop down bracket. I put a .5 inch top plate spacer on but my upper a arm was completely maxed out.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:13 AM   #8
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoridinhigh View Post
I clear them perfectly for daily driving. For off roading, I rub the pinch weld when they're near stuff. The pinch weld has been siping my tires for me haha. I've been too lazy to cut it back.
don't cut it just spend 10 minutes with the hammer and you're done.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:18 AM   #9
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Hmmm I remember trying with a big hammer, and it was going nowhere.. Maybe I'll try again.
Try it when you are frustrated. Once you bend it a little it gets easier. I originally tried it with a rubber mallet to preserve the paint but it went no where. I had to use a decent sized hammer. A hammer for nails probably won't cut it.

Here's mine and I'm not a big guy by any means.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:24 AM   #10
Prepared for Bambi

Quote:
Oh wow, thanks for the pic. That looks well hammered lol. I also tried bend it the opposite way as you which could have affected my hits.
no problem. I could imagine the other way would be harder and this way closes the gap some to. Also it helps to remove the tire so you can get a bigger swing.