LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Whats a great intake with CAI for my 2005 tacoma TRD??

Old 07-23-2008, 11:09 AM   #1
Gotta Love my Taco!!!!
06WHITETRD is just really nice06WHITETRD is just really nice06WHITETRD is just really nice06WHITETRD is just really nice

06WHITETRD's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Whats a great intake with CAI for my 2005 tacoma TRD??

I bought a AEM brute intake but its only for off-road without a carb-legal sticker. Im not happy about it and Im going to return it. So I want to know which intake with a Carb-legal sticker for my tacoma. Let me know asap cuz I want to get one ASAP.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:27 AM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
most are only legal for "off road" use. I always see people debating that the TRD is legal. I don't know the truth though. You could look at getting a high flow dry filter and remove the secondary filter.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:28 AM   #3
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Save yourself some money and get a high flow dry drop in like an AFE.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:38 AM   #4
Gotta Love my Taco!!!!
06WHITETRD is just really nice06WHITETRD is just really nice06WHITETRD is just really nice06WHITETRD is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer J View Post
Save yourself some money and get a high flow dry drop in like an AFE.

oh really. how much did you get urs?? how is the truck running?? CAI??
Old 07-23-2008, 11:40 AM   #5
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
there was a group buy for the AFE. It is just a standard rectangular filter that fits in the OEM location.

I don't have one. I'm running the URD intake which is not legal in CA.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:42 AM   #6
Gotta Love my Taco!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
there was a group buy for the AFE. It is just a standard rectangular filter that fits in the OEM location.

I don't have one. I'm running the URD intake which is not legal in CA.
URd oh i see.. well about the group buy AFE. i seen the post. but too much ppl talkin about stuff. bottom line, is how much? lol
Old 07-23-2008, 11:43 AM   #7
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
here was the info on the group buy, you should be able to get some info there

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...group-buy.html
Old 07-23-2008, 11:43 AM   #8
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
the group buy is over. I've never heard of any complaints, but don't expect the same performance gain as an intake.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:39 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
the group buy is over. I've never heard of any complaints, but don't expect the same performance gain as an intake.
but at the same time, you gotta think about different intakes....as they all dont have the same qualities, and too, with an intake, to get the benefit of it.....you gotta be in the higher rpms,as this is where the extra power from a cai comes from. and it helps to have the maf calibrator to properly tune it. otherwise......the filter is a better choice than the complete cai......imo!
Old 07-23-2008, 12:40 PM   #11
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
all intakes are gonna give u around the same performance gains... so whatever floats ur boat. everyone is gonna say their intake is better than another, do some research and read up on this,

happy reading

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sea...earchid=193011
Old 07-23-2008, 01:16 PM   #12
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
trd is not legal it states its for off road use only and the aem brute force intake is pending carb number dont know about afe .
Old 07-23-2008, 01:21 PM   #13
Tacoma_CT is on a distinguished road
Tacoma_CT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Tacoma_CT
if you want to spend some cash theres always the TRUE FLOW XDI look at my pictures if you want to see it
Old 07-23-2008, 02:31 PM   #14
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i'd look into the full AFE intake setup w/ the pro dry s filter on it
Old 07-23-2008, 03:53 PM   #15
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
i'd look into the full AFE intake setup w/ the pro dry s filter on it
yeah, if you are gonna do an intake without doing the maf calibrator too......i think this would be a decent setup!!
Old 07-23-2008, 04:08 PM   #16
OnTheDarkSideOfTheMoon
silverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant future

Name: SlickRick
silverbullet05's Tacoma Gallery
I got the trd cai and its not legal either. I have never had a cop ask me to pop the hood. Unless you get caught racing or have so many mods that they cant ignore you, I would imagine you would be ok. With the emissions laws in cali I wouldn't expect any to be legal. good luck and let us know if you find one.

sticker that came on trd cai box
Old 07-24-2008, 11:04 AM   #17
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
k&n is good but its an oiled filter. so u have to keep it oiled. im going for an AFE magnum CAI. its pretty good
Old 07-24-2008, 11:17 AM   #18
Gotta Love my Taco!!!!

I like the true flow xdi and the volant. THose look pretty good in the dyno results.lol.. any one get discount on those or what?? AFE is good but Not sure about it.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:18 AM   #19
Gotta Love my Taco!!!!

I have notice that most intake for 05 Toyota Tacoma dont have carb number. I wonder why??? I dont like K&N. its small tube and ppl are selling them. THat means that the intake s u xs.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:28 PM   #20
Gotta Love my Taco!!!!

Some guy from True FLow wrote to me:
Thank you for your interest in True Flow. Unfortunately the XDI intake is not CARB approved as of yet. I can tell you however that the majority of our competitors are in the same boat. California has become very strict on their approval process recently and I don't know of any intakes that are being approved. This is very unfortunate because these intakes actually improve emissions and fuel mileage so it really does not make since. A lot of it is just political. Secondly I don’t think any Toyota’s can be CARB approved unless they leave the pre-filter where it is. Toyota uses a carbon pre-filter in their intake system. According to CARB you have to keep that carbon pre-filter or use the exact same material in your system. Since Toyota isn’t revealing what they are using, anyone making an aftermarket intake that removes the carbon pre-filter will not be able to get CARB approval. What most people in California do who run our intake is keep their factory system to put back on when it is time for emissions. Luckily our system is only about a 20-30 minute process to change back so it is not difficult. I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

what ya think of this??

Products Discussed in this Thread