Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

clutch friction plate

Old 10-18-2010, 11:02 PM   #1
bmur63 is on a distinguished road
bmur63's Tacoma Gallery
clutch friction plate

I have a 09 taco V6 4.0 L 4x4 6spd double cab that will not move with 37k on it. I was driving on the freeway and shifted to 5th at 70mph and i suddenly had no response. i shifted to 6 , and nothing. i pulled over to the shoulder and slowly shifted down to 1 and there was no effect. i can hear the shifter engaging the gear with or without the clutch pressed, but theres no spinning of the wheels? i was told it could be the clutch plate? any ideas on why i can shift into gear and have no movement?
Old 10-19-2010, 06:07 PM   #2
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmur63 View Post
I have a 09 taco V6 4.0 L 4x4 6spd double cab that will not move with 37k on it. I was driving on the freeway and shifted to 5th at 70mph and i suddenly had no response. i shifted to 6 , and nothing. i pulled over to the shoulder and slowly shifted down to 1 and there was no effect. i can hear the shifter engaging the gear with or without the clutch pressed, but theres no spinning of the wheels? i was told it could be the clutch plate? any ideas on why i can shift into gear and have no movement?
If the engine idles and revs and you cannot get the truck going, no matter what gear you shift in, the problem is most likely in the clutch, friction plate, flywheel or drive shaft. Check drive shaft first, if that looks intact, its most likely something in the bell housing. To find out what, you will have to most likely drop the transmission...