Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Performance......but how?

Old 10-22-2010, 02:23 AM   #1
tigerfan4me is on a distinguished road
Name: Larsson
tigerfan4me's Tacoma Gallery
Performance......but how?

Ok so I am new to the forum but not new to tacos. I have had my truck since it's birth in 03 and since then I have been trying to find ways to really make it mine....with little luck. I have always prefered performance over looks which is where i get stuck. I have an 03 xtra cab SR5 2.4 liter base model with a manual tranny. Where there are many different this to do to this truck visually, I have had a very difficult time finding things for my truck that will boost performance mechanically. I know, it being a truck, its never gonna be any kind of racecar but I would like a little something under the hood that others may not expect. I guess, after all this rambling, my main question is where can i go to find performance parts that will fit this truck? Or are there other threads that I may be pointed towards from people who have asked the same question. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks
Old 10-22-2010, 07:51 AM   #2
Member Extraordinaire
cinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Al
cinch's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think you're gonna find much. It's pretty well known (on the 6 cylinders anyway, and I would bet it's the same on the 4's) that the truck is pretty much set up for the max and the only thing that will give it a real boost is a turbocharger or supercharger.