1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Check out my new exhaust (Cherry bomb extreme duals)

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by tacomadoublecab, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Jul 25, 2008 at 10:13 AM
    tacomadoublecab

tacomadoublecab [OP] Member

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    02 Double Cab Prerunner SR5
    20" MB Motoring "Jump" on 275/55/20 Road Huggers, Custom blue interior neon & led floor lighting, Cherry bomb extreme dual exhaust with turndowns, low profile bug shield, westin chrome step bars, open airbox mod, and a couple of small engine mods
    So Ive seen a couple people make threads about exhaust asking about the cherry bomb extreme and I finally have a vid of what it sounds like on the 3.4L with duals. I may have posted it before but to those who havent saw it, heres a link to it with dual turndowns:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=sSWw4CuLS80&feature=related
    It sounded okay with the turndowns but the interior resonance was crazy, forget listening to the radio. I liked it for a while but the drone started to get to me so I decided to put tailpipes on it and here is the finished product:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=NyAXQ4MqPO8
    It took alot of crazy pipe bending to make it fit on the left side and I went to over ten different exhaust shops and only found one in the area to do it (If they say it isnt possible with the spare, go to a different shop because as you see here, its possible and very safe distance from the spare tire) As for the sound, on the outside, it sounds about the same, a little quieter and more toned in my opinion. As for the interior, you can tell it has an exhaust but if you turn your radio on a normal volume setting, you can just about fade the exhaust sound out. I love the sound of it and Im very happy with the finished product :D Also forgot to mention in the vids, the truck has only 1 of the factory cats.

2. Jul 25, 2008 at 10:15 AM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....

didnt sound too bad in the first vid.....but we cant view the 2nd vid.....can you fix that?? i really wanna hear it with the pipes on!!

3. Jul 25, 2008 at 10:20 AM
    tacomadoublecab

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    20" MB Motoring "Jump" on 275/55/20 Road Huggers, Custom blue interior neon & led floor lighting, Cherry bomb extreme dual exhaust with turndowns, low profile bug shield, westin chrome step bars, open airbox mod, and a couple of small engine mods
    Sorry bout that, Idk why I disabled embedding. Should work now though :thumbsup:

4. Jul 25, 2008 at 10:36 AM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    damn.......sounds really good with the pipes on it and all!!! good sound man!

5. Jul 25, 2008 at 10:46 AM
    tacomadoublecab

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the compliment! I think it would sound even better with both cats on but too late now :frusty:

Products Discussed in

To Top