SirCharles.777 is on a distinguished road
SirCharles.777's Tacoma Gallery
Whats the better Exhuast System?

I have an '07 taco and I'm tryin to upgrade the exhaust system
where do i start...
magnaflow, flowmaster ...
Old 07-25-2008, 12:39 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCharles.777 View Post
I have an '07 taco and I'm tryin to upgrade the exhaust system
where do i start...
magnaflow, flowmaster ...
everyone will have vasy opinions on whats best. me personally.....i love the flowmaster sound. here is a clip of the 06 tacoma with the 4.0 v6 that i had.........

i love the deep rumble from the flowmaster. there are lots of great sounding mufflers out there though,.........just depends on the sound you want!!
Old 07-25-2008, 12:41 PM   #3
Glockin
GasTiresOil has a spectacular aura aboutGasTiresOil has a spectacular aura about
Law Enforcement:
GasTiresOil's Tacoma Gallery
Flowmaster 40 series put onto the stock piping it pretty popular. I got mine put in two days ago and it sounds sweet. Look up some of the sound clips on youtube to get a feel for the sound.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:44 PM   #4
SirCharles.777 is on a distinguished road
SirCharles.777's Tacoma Gallery
thanks
sounds great
now i just go get the money together
Old 07-25-2008, 12:45 PM   #6
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
thanks
sounds great
you can get an exhaust shop to install a muffler and even a nice stainless tip for alot less than you can buy a cat back system for....just a heads up!!
Old 07-25-2008, 10:26 PM   #7
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Borla is pretty good too, it depends on the sound you want
Old 07-26-2008, 04:47 AM   #8
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Changed mine out last week for the DynoMax ultra flo ss.Great sound.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:59 AM   #9
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thanks
sounds great
the flowmaster40 on your stock pipes. cost me about $100 installed.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:33 PM   #10
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
I have the flowmaster 40 series single in dual out and i love it.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:46 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorenApart View Post
I have Aero Turbine... Sounds cool, little or no drone, and helps with MPG
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5WmeTVoSi_Y
i have always been a flowmaster guy....but the aero turbine sounds pretty damn sweet!!
Old 07-26-2008, 08:50 PM   #13
TorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to behold

TorenApart's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i have always been a flowmaster guy....but the aero turbine sounds pretty damn sweet!!

Thanks! I like it a lot! I think the Flowmaster may be slightly deeper, however my Aero Turbine has deepened up since that video was taken literally 30 minutes after it was installed.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:29 PM   #14
robinsonda1 is on a distinguished road
Army:
robinsonda1's Tacoma Gallery
These mostly seem to be just for sound but whaat about performance?
Old 07-27-2008, 02:39 AM   #15
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsonda1 View Post
These mostly seem to be just for sound but whaat about performance?
The reason i went w/DynoMax.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:43 AM   #16
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
The reason i went w/DynoMax.
Dynomax would be my choice as well.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:23 AM   #17
Banned
danusa will become famous soon enoughdanusa will become famous soon enough
Army: Para Ranger, Inf. SF CIB
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
I did exactly that a few years ago with a 389.
From the headers back it was about $25 a side. I had them come out in front of the resr wheels. I did the same with the 305. I just like it.
Crank either and you will hear a truck.
It was not the sticker shock that I read. And that had a lot of custom bends.
Headers are first. One has to have something to attach the pipes to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
you can get an exhaust shop to install a muffler and even a nice stainless tip for alot less than you can buy a cat back system for....just a heads up!!
Old 07-27-2008, 09:27 AM   #18
Taco969 will become famous soon enoughTaco969 will become famous soon enough

Air Force: AFE
Taco969's Tacoma Gallery
I also have a 40 series Flowmaster and love it. But there are a lot out there that sound great.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:03 AM   #19
JesseJames is on a distinguished road
JesseJames's Tacoma Gallery
Which dynomax muffler produces the greatest performance?
Old 08-07-2008, 05:35 PM   #20
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
Which dynomax muffler produces the greatest performance?
I have had good luck with the Dynomax Super turbo.