Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

How much would a good supercharge set up be?

Old 10-24-2010, 06:49 PM   #1
.Trdtaco315. is on a distinguished road

Name: Will
.Trdtaco315.'s Tacoma Gallery
How much would a good supercharge set up be?

i have a 3.4 trd taco that i wanna s/c. whats a good price to start saving toward? ill be doing the install proably.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:37 AM   #2
lasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant future
Navy: Lead PO Submarine Reactor Control Dvision
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
go to Underdog Racing site and start adding it up. Just the hardware plus the ECU add-ons to tune it plus the inevitable problems that arise if you need to modify anything, etc. I would not start the project unless you had 4 grand on tap.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:00 PM   #3
.Trdtaco315. is on a distinguished road

Name: Will
.Trdtaco315.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasllc View Post
go to Underdog Racing site and start adding it up. Just the hardware plus the ECU add-ons to tune it plus the inevitable problems that arise if you need to modify anything, etc. I would not start the project unless you had 4 grand on tap.
def dont have that kinda $$$, but i want to save up for it. whats the cost on a brand new trd s/c set up? or should i just visit that site?
Old 10-26-2010, 04:04 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I'm not sure if TRD still makes the supercharger for the 3.4. You may have to find it used either on here, ebay or somewhere else.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:11 PM   #5
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
they make it, check out trdsparks.com I believe
Old 10-26-2010, 04:12 PM   #6
Don't go off ninjin
TacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: AMMO
Name: Daniel
TacomaDan's Tacoma Gallery
PSST.... I'm probably going to be selling mine. I have everything you need.

PM me for more info
Old 10-26-2010, 04:17 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
they make it, check out trdsparks.com I believe
TRD has parks?
Old 10-26-2010, 04:21 PM   #8
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
they left out the apostrophe apparently. Dumb japanese people. lol
Old 10-26-2010, 09:31 PM   #9
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Look for some used stuff. You will probably end up around $4-5k new if you do it right.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:12 PM   #10
Old School
degraaf is on a distinguished road

degraaf's Tacoma Gallery
realistically you could find a used trd supercharger for about $1500 in good shape, add some small gaskets and things you'll need add $50-100, then add a urd 7th injector upgrade $999, so you're looking at about $2600. That's if you install everything.
If you don't install it yourself, then installation for just the supercharger at a local Toyota dealer should be around $500-$600. Not sure about the URD kit for installation.